PDA

View Full Version : Clouds racing by...

WhiskeyBravo
04-22-07, 07:25 AM
I've had a couple of instances where I've dropped down out of TC to find the clouds still racing by as if I was still in TC. Anyone else noticed this?

Cheers,

WB.

ReallyDedPoet
04-22-07, 07:44 AM
There is a mod that gives you a couple of options as far as a " cloud look ", plus it slows them down.

Look under the mods section for SH4:up: If I see it I will pass it along.

Here it is: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=111542, works with all versions.

RDP

WhiskeyBravo
04-22-07, 09:37 AM
Will give it a try, many thanks.

WB.

WhiskeyBravo
04-22-07, 09:58 AM
Well, the mod works and the clouds go by more slowly in realtime. However, as soon as I go to TC and back again the clouds start zipping by. It's a bit like the clouds in the intro movie but not quite as fast.

Hmmmm.

WB.

Tobus
04-22-07, 10:32 AM
I've had a couple of instances where I've dropped down out of TC to find the clouds still racing by as if I was still in TC. Anyone else noticed this?

Cheers,

WB.
I noticed that too, same as smoke columns from ships. They tend to slow down after a minute or so. Bug number 19842?

FlyingThermos
04-22-07, 04:34 PM
I get this too sometimes. I'll drop out of TC and the clouds are going super fast, like time lapse photography. I feel like captain jimi hendrix. I find if you ignore it and continue playing it will eventually stop.

Boris
04-23-07, 04:12 PM
*Sigh*, it's immersion killers like this which just make the game unplayable to me. I mean, I could live with it, but I have other games to play and things to do. Nothings really gripped me so far. I've started four campaigns, and something like this has come along every time, to cause me to stop playing, and thus never even completing the first patrol.

SUBMAN1
04-23-07, 04:36 PM
*Sigh*, it's immersion killers like this which just make the game unplayable to me. I mean, I could live with it, but I have other games to play and things to do. Nothings really gripped me so far. I've started four campaigns, and something like this has come along every time, to cause me to stop playing, and thus never even completing the first patrol.
It is only its immersion to that saves it from its other glaring bugs - such as the stop watch not even working! How can basic tools like this not even be working properly? At least the graphics help save it somewhat, but only to a point. Then you have see through crew - which is always an immersion killer for me too.

-S

PS. Ive seent eh racing clouds many times myself - every patrol it happens at least a few times if not more.

tonyeh
04-24-07, 06:27 AM
Wow, I thought that was just me who was seeing that...I reckoned it was a "feature".:D

Tony

ReallyDedPoet
04-24-07, 06:49 AM
Well, the mod works and the clouds go by more slowly in realtime. However, as soon as I go to TC and back again the clouds start zipping by. It's a bit like the clouds in the intro movie but not quite as fast.

Hmmmm.

WB.

I have the mod installed, but have not noticed the racing clouds coming ou tof TC.

RDP

FlyingThermos
04-24-07, 07:22 AM
I tried the mod and i still get racing clouds.

It's a good mod though.

The racing clouds are not something that would be a matter of opinion of whether the clouds are too fast. When you get the racing clouds, they are really moving very very fast. Kinda like when the Millenium Falcon goes into light speed, cept from side to side. Dont know if that is good analogy, but it's really fast.

I wonder if it's one of those video card specific bugs that the SH games always seem to have, like an ATI/Nvidia thing.

For the record i have ATI Radeon x1800 with the 7.3 drivers.

SteamWake
04-24-07, 09:24 AM
I dont think it has anything to do with TC Ive seen it straight out of the dock before.

Its just certain weather conditions ... partly cloudy cumulos (sp?)

FoddaUK
04-24-07, 09:33 AM
Does it to me as well running NVidia 8800GTX on Vista 64. So deffo a game thing.

Cap'n Crabs
04-24-07, 10:03 AM
Clouds race by for me as well. The main thing about the clouds for me is seeing a pixelated grid when looking straight up at them. Not sure if that is a video resolution thing or not. Someone posted a screenshot of it last month.

Has anyone noticed swift "water". I've been going along at times near the phillipine or islands area and noticed it moving swiftly. I think it's kinda cool.
Maybe modded tidal currents? Really messes with your eyes when you're in camera mode on the surface with a little TC going. :o