PDA

View Full Version : Two Quick Questions

Shyzar
04-21-07, 10:39 PM
1. I'm just about to start my first career in 1941 and I would like to know which sub I should pick and which home base it should be at/2. I'm not using the manual torpedo firing option, but I haven't had much sucess with torps. Does anyone have any tips to increase my sucess and accuracy rate?

Chock
04-21-07, 11:44 PM
I'd start at Pearl Harbor, you'll probably get told to patrol near Honshu, so it'll be a good idea to go via Midway and refuel there en-route. Sure it's a long way, but it'll give you time to play with stuff en-route.

Pick whichever you fancy sub-wise, but if you can manage it, get a bigger deck gun and stick it on the foredeck, also get the Aircraft warning radar, it could save you a lot of heartache. At this early stage in the Pacific war, you're likely to meet a few small single targets, and it will give you a chance to practice gun-laying without much of a chance at return fire.

Have fun :D

Crosseye76
04-22-07, 12:06 AM
Start your career in 1944. Probably at Pearl harbor. This game is not like SH3. You don't get to start the day the war starts and run patrols until it ends. The game 'retires' you after a few patrols.

By starting in '44, you get torpedos with most of the bugs worked out, good radar, Etc.

Later on if you wanna try an early war patrol or even a Sugar boat, you'll have a much better feel for just how difficult the 1941-1943 period really was.