PDA

View Full Version : Help please: Lifeguard Duty Mission

FlyingThermos
04-21-07, 07:58 PM
Hi all. I'm a bit stumped on what to do. I'm on my 4th patrol in my campaign and i was assigned a Lifeguard Duty mission. I'm playing on 100% realism settings so i have NO map updates/icons. Ive searched both this and ubisofts forums all day looking for an answer to the following question as i'd really like to continue my career with a flawless record of completing all my missions:

Soo....I go to the mission objective icon on the map. I get there and there is nothing there at all. I submerge to use my sonar as i read in another post that you can hear the downed pilots on the sonar and there is nothing. no contacts at all. So i start a spiraling outward search pattern out from the excact location of the mission icon. Find nothing.

I read in a post that downed pilots float at the heading 225, so i follow this heading from the mission icon. Find nothing.

Next i go and i sit excactly in the middle of the icon and time compress for 3 days checking every hour; periodicaly searching with sonar, and still find nothing.

Iv'e tried everything i could think of to find the pilots and ive come to the conclusion that there's just nothing there.

I made a save about 200nm before i got to the patrol location. I have loaded this save and gone directly there to look in case the pilots drowned while i was searching previously, and there is never anything there.

I am familiar though reading other posts on how to pick them up using the binocs. I just can't find them at all to pick up.

Also i assume since i'm at 100% i will never see the blue icons/parachute icons on my map to help me find them.

So is this mission possible at all on 100% real or am i missing something.

Thanks for any help.

banjo
04-22-07, 08:38 AM
Check the thread "How to Finish a Mission" by Beery

FlyingThermos
04-22-07, 04:51 PM
Thanks but i did read that thread and this is all it says:

"
Guard.
You're required to go to the objective location and pick up pilots who parachute into the sea. You get 250 renown points if you pick up 5 pilots.
"

While i appreciate the thread. unfortunatly it doesn't really help me.
It's equivalent to:

Q. How do you build a house.
A. With tools.

Hopefully someone knows, cause i have a feeling more people are gonna have this problem as they get into there patrols and get lifeguard duty missions.

thanks

perisher
04-22-07, 06:42 PM
The fly boys don't swim very well so you have to get to them very quickly.