PDA

View Full Version : Gato and Radar Question?

Kamikaze
04-21-07, 06:15 PM
First off I am using the Flavored to Taste mod (v. 2.2.7) with the latest patch (1.2) and have finished a patrol with my Salmon class sub (equipped with both air and surface radars). I was given an option for a new boat which I accepted.

Its a GATO class and currently has neither radars. I have over 5000 pts of renown, and there IS an SJ radar listed on the left upgrade listings. But when I select it I get a message similar to "cant use this upgrade on this ship class".

Is this correct? I was assuming that since the Salmon could use it . . . the GATO is bigger so it should have more equipment options.

Trying to understand whats going on here. Thanks in advance.

Kamikaze
04-21-07, 08:35 PM
Found a fix . . . . accidentally.

I had saved my game while in base so I could exit and start this thread. When I reloaded the game . . .guess what?

I was able to load both the air and sea radars. Obviously it is a bug of some sort and a "bit" somewhere didnt get flipped. Oh well. At least this is a solution.

LZ_Baker
04-21-07, 08:37 PM
The radar might all ready be installed. Is it in the list of installed gear? If not, start the patrol and check to see if they are there. If its still broken, post the problem in the flavored to taste mod thread for Ducimus.

EDIT: Ok mate :up:

Kamikaze
04-21-07, 11:55 PM
The radars were not initially installed. And when you try to install them you get that nice message of "DENIED". Wierd that reloading the savegame seemed to have fixed the problem. Apparently its not new either. I just found some other posts from beginning of April that was exactly the same problem.

FYI

jdski
04-23-07, 09:18 AM
I'm having the same problem. However, reloading the game doesn't fix anything for me. I'm also in the Gato, and when I returned to base, the SJ radar was available but won't let me install it. I tried loading the save right before I got back to base, but the same thing happens, I can't install it. So I tried to load the autosave and then the SJ radar isn't even on the list anymore. I tried exiting the game and loading both saves and the same thing happens.
WHen I returned to base to upgrade to 1.2 I had it available. After I installed the patch it was no longer on the list. Now after my first patrol with 1.2 I still can't get it. It's looking like I may never be able to get it at this point.
Had I known this, I would have just stayed at sea and not have made the long trip back to Pearl for nothing.