PDA

View Full Version : Update installs to windows directory????

rune711
04-21-07, 01:53 PM
Hi all.. I'm having a problem installing updates. When I run the 1.2 patch it is installing files into my C:\Windows directory! Huh? I did not install the game into the default directory, but on my E: drive (raid). Installing the 1.1 patch created a NEW directory in C:\programfiles\ubisoft\yadayada. I could at least apply these changes by copying the files over the actual game directory on my E: drive, but the 1.2 patch files are now floating around with a million other files in C:\windows, so I'm not sure how to go about fixing that.

Has anyone else run into this problem? The patch doesn't provide a way of letting me specify where to install the updates to.

Thanks!
:damn::damn::damn:

vanjast
04-21-07, 03:23 PM
-Does the game run after this ?
-If not copy all these files to the same folders as the original game folder - BACKUP the other files first.
-which windoze are you using?
-there are a few DLL files that might have to be 'registered'. If these files current exist it should eb no problem

Manual labour, but other than a complete re-install.
:up:

rune711
04-21-07, 06:08 PM
-Does the game run after this ?
-If not copy all these files to the same folders as the original game folder - BACKUP the other files first.
-which windoze are you using?
-there are a few DLL files that might have to be 'registered'. If these files current exist it should eb no problem

Manual labour, but other than a complete re-install.
:up:

I'm using Win XP. Obviously some .dll's need to be put in the win directory, but it's copying files like SH4.exe in there too. :shifty:

I'm going to completely remove everything and do a re-install. I guess I'm going to lose my save games with the update to 1.2 anyway.... just frustrating that I have all those eronioius files in my windows directory now.

I'm surprised there aren't more people with this problem! :nope: