PDA

View Full Version : Boat stuck the middle of the sea...

sniperpr1
04-21-07, 11:45 AM
Hi, I hope anyone has the answer to my problem. I am travelling far from any land, when suddenly my boat stops mid-course, the telegraph is set at the appropriate speed setting but the speed of the boat goes to 0 and the game says "Cannot comply". Does anyone know how to fix this? It is very annoying trying to complete a patrol and the game getting stuck every few minutes. Thank you...

TheBrauerHour
04-21-07, 11:53 AM
:hmm:

Well, allow me to ask the obvious questions, so please don't get mad.

Are you running at flank speed and ran out of fuel maybe?
Check to see if you have engines damaged?
Can you list the mods you have installed? Perhaps you are using a version of a mod that acts funky with v1.2?

Hope you get back in action quickly!

mcoca
04-21-07, 11:58 AM
Hi, I hope anyone has the answer to my problem. I am travelling far from any land, when suddenly my boat stops mid-course, the telegraph is set at the appropriate speed setting but the speed of the boat goes to 0 and the game says "Cannot comply". Does anyone know how to fix this? It is very annoying trying to complete a patrol and the game getting stuck every few minutes. Thank you...

Most likely you ordered battle stations and then forgot about it. Your crew can only stay awake and at their posts for so long, so eventually they all go to sleep :D Secure from battle stations and they will return to their watch rotation.

aanker
06-12-07, 06:55 PM
... when suddenly my boat stops mid-course, the telegraph is set at the appropriate speed setting but the speed of the boat goes to 0 and the game says "Cannot comply"....
I just searched for Cannot comply and yours was at the top so...

This just ... sort of ... happened to me today. My mission was to do a photo recon of Tokyo so I entered Tokyo Bay and ran silent to Tokyo, completed the mission, and halfway out the boat stopped. "Cannot comply" was the answer to every speed order. I even surfaced to air the boat but after submerging again the crew still would not comply.

Eventually I ordered battle stations and magically the boat began moving again and I made it out.

Resuming patrol...

Since this was an intelligence gathering mission I didn't sink anything in Tokyo Bay however I was tempted! lol ;-)

AVGWarhawk
06-12-07, 07:26 PM
You left your men at battle stations. They will drop like a rock. Only go into battle stations when your engaging the enemy. After that, relieve the men and you will be fine.:up:

aanker
06-12-07, 07:38 PM
If you were replying to my post the crew was not at battle stations when the boat stopped. It took ordering battle stations to get the boat to start moving. Then I secured from battle stations and we kept moving. No, I didn't have it backwards. lol

Love this game BTW.... have waited almost 10 years!

AVGWarhawk
06-12-07, 08:04 PM
If you were replying to my post the crew was not at battle stations when the boat stopped. It took ordering battle stations to get the boat to start moving. Then I secured from battle stations and we kept moving. No, I didn't have it backwards. lol

Love this game BTW.... have waited almost 10 years!

If you had to hit battle stations to wake up the men(which it basically is) the I suspect you were at battle stations possibly from the last save. When the men say "cannot comply" this means there are not enough men in the engine room(can't be true as we do not move men around as much like SH3) or they be cold hard sleeping from exhaustion from being at battle stations. I have run into this a few times and I find it was an issue with leaving them at battle stations or the game is acting like they are at battle stations. Just my experience with this issue.

SteamWake
06-12-07, 09:05 PM
Did anyone mention crew at battle stations for too long ? :yep:

Wheres that mod that puts the BS button at all statoins ?

DirtyHarry3033
06-12-07, 09:20 PM
I've had that happen a number of times without ever having sent crew to battle stations beforehand.

Any time you see that "Cannot comply" msg, you can rest assured that your on-duty watch crew is 100% fatigued for whatever reason. If you have crew at battle stations for a few watches, it will happen. But like I said, it can happen even if you never order battle stations.

One thing I think is weather, if you run surfaced in storms or heavy seas for a day I have found that the crew does not recover fatigue as well when off-duty. All that pitching & rolling I guess, they're spending their time with the sea-sick bags instead of sleeping!

On at least 3 or 4 occasions, I've seen all 3 shifts of my crew at or near 100% fatigue, and all 3 shifts with the "Zzzzz's" indicating they're asleep, and nothing but "Cannot comply" when I give an order. And "Battle stations" was not in effect as I almost never order it. But I was running surfaced in nasty weather.

Next time that happens, check your crew screen - you'll see the green bar on your watch shift (and possibly all 3 shifts) is empty and odds are most (if not all) of your crew is asleep. The solution is, submerge and wait. 12 hours at least, 24 if you can. Crew always seems to rest better when submerged. Once things are back to normal, be sure to spend at least a few hours of every 24 submerged, particularly if the weather is unpleasant.

DH

-Pv-
06-12-07, 11:35 PM
3013 comes the closest to detailing hits to fatigue when not using Battle Stations. In testing P1.2 the closest guide I've been able to measure is wind speeds of 8 knots or more causes extreme crew fatigue AFTER RESTORING A SAVE. As a result of what I've learned, I always save while submerged after poor weather, AND the 1st screen I look at after restoring is the Crew Management to see if I need to cycle crew shifts or put compartments to sleep to prevent the active crew from being too tired.
-Pv-

FAdmiral
06-12-07, 11:55 PM
Saving the game near a crew rotation will sometimes make the watch on duty
almost 100% fatigued. Keep a close eye on watch crew fatigue. I have had
this happen before, mostly after a save...

JIM