PDA

View Full Version : Radar

sniperpr1
04-21-07, 10:29 AM
Hello, I've been playing SH4 for sometime now and when I go to the radar room I cannot turn on any of the radars when I click the on button, even though I selected the air radar upgrade when I started the first carrer patrol. If someone knows what is happening, I will greatly appreciate some help.

P.S. I've got SH$ + 1.2 patch installed.

Arrowhead2k1
04-21-07, 11:39 AM
Another thing is that the Air Radar is invisible to the player. Only your radar operator will tell you of any contacts. :doh:

WernerSobe
04-21-07, 12:11 PM
Radar indeed needs some attention.

To answer your question. Obviously you have only SJ Radar installed. Which is for detecting air contacts. You have no radar screen for SJ Radar neither you can turn it on or off, its always on. The SD Radar is for Surface.

For the moment both surface and air radar are broken. Air Radar doesnt work at all (anymore since 1.2) and Surface Radar only works when your boat is heading north.

shad43
04-21-07, 12:48 PM
Radar indeed needs some attention.

To answer your question. Obviously you have only SJ Radar installed. Which is for detecting air contacts. You have no radar screen for SJ Radar neither you can turn it on or off, its always on. The SD Radar is for Surface.

For the moment both surface and air radar are broken. Air Radar doesnt work at all (anymore since 1.2) and Surface Radar only works when your boat is heading north.

This is "not" entirely true :D

"SD" is the Air radar, SJ is the surface radar

The SJ surface radar is the 2 screens you see in your sub, if it is not installed on your sub the screens do not work.

The SD radar can be assumed that a radio operator is listning for contacts
and informs you if any are found...it is broken in v1.2, however check this thread
these modders are making great progress, the latest file has the radar working very well.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=508289#post508289

Newest file is a bit up the last page.

Cheers :up:

hachiman
04-23-07, 01:41 PM
I am patched to 1.2 and am playing the Philipine Sea quick mission.
I surface at the start and turn on my radar and have searched the 3 ranges 8000'40'000 and 80'000 and nothing appears.
But the taskforce is soon upon me?

Why does it not appear on the 8000m radar at least?

Thanx

Quillan
04-23-07, 01:51 PM
What direction is your bow facing? In 1.2 if the bow is pointing even the slightest bit south of an East-West line, radar won't detect any ships.

hachiman
04-23-07, 02:02 PM
Thanx Quillan.

Once i went West the Radar showed them up.
Though i'm slightly confused as i thought that was the whole idea of the Radar sweeping 360 degrees?

Quillan
04-23-07, 02:51 PM
That is the whole idea, but there's a (big) problem with the game implementation. For some reason it stops picking up at the 90-270 degree line. The modders have been trying to tweak it since the game has been released, and there's a 10+ page thread in the modding forum where they've been tossing ideas around, trying things out, reversing changes and such.

Redwine
04-23-07, 03:50 PM
There are lot of gus working to found a good fix.

Until a good fix is released by some body or as an official patch, try this one, contains a team job of meny people.

http://files.filefront.com/Radar_Fix_Satge_3zip/;7321618;/fileinfo.html

:up:

hachiman
04-24-07, 08:28 AM
Thanx Guys