PDA

View Full Version : Anyone help with a map problem?

jimbob010
04-20-07, 11:30 AM
Loving the game, vast improvement on the last except for the map. It has strange blue lines on it and doesn't show terrain (usually resulting in me sailing into island whilst accelerated time is on) Has anyone else had this and have any sugestions????

SteamWake
04-20-07, 11:32 AM
Yes several people have posted on this.

Some folks have said that simply exiting the game and restarting fixed it.

But the general agreement was to re-install fresh vanilla version then patch directly to 1.2 skipping 1.1.

BTW which video card ?

jimbob010
04-20-07, 11:33 AM
Tried the vanilla to 1.2 with no luck :(

Running an ATI 1950Pro

Graphics are lovely, just this damm map thing is making it unplayable....

SteamWake
04-20-07, 11:49 AM
Try this thread

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=112508

jimbob010
04-21-07, 07:11 AM
Very odd. Mine only works with the 1.1 patch. I'll just have to wait for the 1.3.

Thanks for the help.

greekfire
04-21-07, 07:25 AM
this is 4th thread I have found tonight with this nav map problem.

Here is my experience with this issue. I'm not accusing anyone of piracy or anything like that, I'm just tellin' it like it is....

I had this EXACT problem with my Nav Map. I isolated it down to the No-CD exe I was using at the time. I did a fresh install and started running the game with the real exe and DVD in drive. Not even a hint of problems since. I use an nvidia 7900gt vcard but I don't think that is the issue. I've made no video changes that could've alleviated the issue. I had that No-CD exe for 2 days and it was total hell. I had problems with game all over the place including this map mutation. Not a single problem since I quit using the No-CD. good luck.

Monica Lewinsky
04-21-07, 03:34 PM
this is 4th thread I have found tonight with this nav map problem.
May I suggest that Little Billy has reported in for duty here in the forums and they missed the SECRET Ultra memo that we all got while not on patrol?

Ultra Memo:
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php