PDA

View Full Version : [Tec] Base stop objectives.

Egan
04-20-07, 08:32 AM
This is a simple tip but setting this sort of objective may seem difficult to create as some vital data is missing. There is an easy way around this, though:

If you want to use arrival at a specific base as an objectve you will, naturally, have to specify which base it is you want to use.

The simplest way to do this is to load the mission you are working on and then use the merge function to open up Campaigns/campaign/US_Naval Bases. - Make sure you untick 'Save as mergable data when using the merge function!

Once done create your objective and choose your base from the list that appears. and save when finished.

When you edit the mission again later you do not have to open the US_Naval bases file again. Although the objective will not show the name of the base it will have been saved nonetheless and will appear as a valid objective when playing the missions.

Egan
04-20-07, 08:34 AM
Ah, B*******.

Mods, could one of you move this to the Mission editors forum please? I got lost. :88)

Mush Martin
04-20-07, 09:14 AM
Thanks for the good tip egan.

FAdmiral
04-20-07, 02:39 PM
I may have to use this type of objective for my Wake Island stop.
I wanted a contact report on what was parked in the harbor but
it seems there is no objective for that, only the photo one which
I don't want to use....

JIM

Egan
04-20-07, 02:47 PM
I may have to use this type of objective for my Wake Island stop.
I wanted a contact report on what was parked in the harbor but
it seems there is no objective for that, only the photo one which
I don't want to use....

JIM

You want the objective to be that you find out what is in the harbour? I don't think that can be done. A better choice than Base stop would be to create a map zone with a really small radius and assign it to a Reach Zone objective so that it won't trigger until you are up close.