PDA

View Full Version : Bugs vs. not bugs

joea
04-20-07, 05:34 AM
NOT BUGS:

* Torpedoes are duds, circle back or go to deep. Read some history.

* My periscope / TBT is not linked to the TDC. Ditto.

ARE BUGS:

* Crew getting hurt for no apparent reason

* Ships sizes, periscope markings are off

* Constant air attacks day and night? Poorly implemented anyway like-

* I sank 5 Yamatos!!

ARE SORT OF BUGS

* I retired after 4 patrols!! Well realistic but needs tweaking (strange screens) and to be an option.

* I can't dive when my pressure hull / bulkheads have been punctured. Well ok some tweaks adjustment needed to let the Captain know would be nice.

Feel free to add to this list.

Edit: Ok Frank I see your point and put the damage bit in "sort of bugs"

Torpex752
04-20-07, 07:01 AM
First time I've encountered this after 5 patrols...

Damage control: I was hit-somewhere-the bow kept going down while submerged but I was able to maintain control. The DC screen showed absolutely nothing, and there was no visible damage. I surfaced and ran surfaced to the tender near Gualalcanal, got refit-no repairs. Plotted a course to Brisbane and when about 15 miles out submerged to PD (dont ask why but I was at PD before so I calculated that since I transited over 100 miles i'd be safe) but that was the end of that...death. So the boat had damage, showed no damage and was lost. :cry:

From "war in the Boats"

"Then he directed my attention to the dished-in hull just forward of the deformed hatch. "Were lucky the hull didnt fracture from the force of that depth charge". The inner side of the hull at the top of the torpedo room looked as though a giant sledge hammer had caused a 2 yard dent in the hull of about 10" in depth" The depth charge that went off tore off all decking forward of the deck gun, tore off the 20mm gun mount and sliced off the deck gun barrel 10"! It was estimated that it was a 500lb depth charge that went off 2-3 feet from the hull."

The severe depth chargings and bombings that the "Crevalle" experienced demonstrated how tough a fleet boat is..." "The extensive damage sustained by the "Crevalle", while continuing to be functional, spoke well of how survivability is built into the submarine by means of its tough hull, its simple repairable gear, and the ease with which damage control measures can be quickly and effectively carried out"

"The "Crevalle" was taken to 500ft, 80 ft below her 412ft test depth (they all knew that there was a 150% margin of safety)"

During this depth charging the forward torpedo rooms hatch had its dogs sheared off by a depth charge and momentarily opened allowing a considerable amount of water to flood the boat. The water was waist deep in the room yet was able to maintain depth with 2/3rds bell and pumping water out of the fwd trip tank and bow bouyancy tank.

Frank
:cool: