PDA

View Full Version : My torpedoes aren't firing!

BigJonsson
04-19-07, 06:00 PM
Gar class (I think)
Mark 23 torpedoes and Mark 14's
Close within 1000 metres of the target
Line up my shot with the periscope (on easy setting so auto-firing solution or whatever)
Lock on to target
Open tube 1
FIRE
Nothing happens, no messages or anything

None of the tubes are firing, what gives?

Mechman
04-19-07, 07:04 PM
Do you have any torps in the tube? Maybe you forgot to reload in port.

Rilex
04-19-07, 07:26 PM
Saw that too. Really weird. Only happened after the 1.2 upgrade.

walsh2509
04-19-07, 07:31 PM
Just posted my findings..

Crew all fit and well , Dive keys and dive icons didn't work. Well didn't work as in dive the boat, but they did when pressed, bring my engines from 2/3 to All Stop. The dive keys and dive icons both did this.

Saved game, back later , dive keys and icons now working again. Line up a ship at pscope depth, torps won't fire? not the crew not the torps all tube loaded and ready "green light". As proved later ..

Quit and saved game, back again later on. Dive keys and icons working and now so are the torps.

2 ships sunk, I'll save the game here and resume, game saved on I go.

Aircraft spotted, I hit C key to crash dive "no dive" but it did as once before bring my engines down to ALL stop, after a few tests. I found that the C key P key and crash dive and pscope depth icons also brought the boats engines to All Stop when pressed.

Outwith the keys not working again, the planes that flew over me , did just that! No bombing or straffing on 1st run and same with the return run. I tried something out, I just plotted a straight line nav course and followed it. I compressed time a little and every 30mins after the 1st fly over another one or two planes would do the same, and that happened every 30mins or so for the 4 time compressed hours that I tried it for...

It must be the program, at one point I had the dive keys and dive icons working as well as the torps. But at other times, the keys would not work or if they did the torps would not fire , then they would..

greekfire
04-19-07, 07:32 PM
I had that problem after installing Real Fleet 1.2 mod. Only way to fix it was with fresh reinstall.

Rilex
04-19-07, 07:35 PM
I have no mods installed.

walsh2509
04-19-07, 07:43 PM
I don't think it is the mods, if it were then why would the dive keys dive icons and the torp fire button not work then would work, then after a save and resume fail again.

if it were the mods , then the keys icons would not work at all. And the dive keys and icons failed when the torp fire button was working, then when the dive keys and icons did work the torp fire button would go. Then they would both work, only for the dive keys and icons to fail again, but only after I saved the game and resumed.

anyhoo as the chap said, he does not have mods..

DirtyHarry3033
04-19-07, 07:45 PM
So far most of my keys work OK. Most of 'em. Sometimes weird things happen though.

For instance going to the external camera, I often find that the POV is diving headlong for the ocean floor :( As if I was pressing and holding KP 1. When that happens, sometimes if I hold down KP 7, it will start working right.

Other times, the POV starts climbing, like I'm holding KP 7. Once in a while holding down KP 1 will fix that problem.

Still other times, everything is perfect when going to external camera :hmm:

Another strange thing, when loading a saved game I am at "all stop" as usual. Before, all I had to to was click the "resume course" button and all was well. Now, when I do that, the order is given for "All ahead standard", immediately followed by "All stop". So I've got to go mess with the telegraph to get back underway.

At least I haven't had that bizarre nav map bug yet...

Go4It
04-19-07, 08:09 PM
The new NOCD crack 4 SH4 patch 1.2 will do this, the cracker didn't do his homework.

The exe is WAY too small, lose of some keyboard keys, after some time map is screwed up, repeating voices an 2d command room crew. SO...Stay away from the NOCD/DVD HATRED crack. USE the DVD for now!

AVGWarhawk
04-19-07, 08:17 PM
The new NOCD crack 4 SH4 patch 1.2 will do this, the cracker didn't do his homework.

The exe is WAY too small, lose of some keyboard keys, after some time map is screwed up, repeating voices an 2d command room crew. SO...Stay away from the NOCD/DVD HATRED crack. USE the DVD for now!

Poster never stated he had a crack for the game. If he does and this is the result, it is his bag. As I understand it, if a pirated game is used and the protection system is not run before the game loads, strange things happen. Please, no CD cracks.

SteamWake
04-19-07, 08:38 PM

Topic non grata.

BigJonsson
04-19-07, 09:37 PM
This game is so damn broken

-Pv-
04-19-07, 09:57 PM
"This game is so damn broken"

Not for everyone. I'm not having any of the problems discussed here on my download version of the game.
-Pv-

heartc
04-19-07, 10:00 PM
I've never had this happen. As with a lot of other bugs or non-bugs people keep spamming the forum with. Bet he's running with crew on Battle Station for several days. :D Wouldn't surprise me if this would also stop torps from being fired, since they needed ppl in the torp room to let them go. Awake ones.

BigJonsson
04-19-07, 11:37 PM
My crew is fine

d@rk51d3
04-19-07, 11:54 PM
Can confirm that the no-cd hack for 1.2 is a dud. Now using the original .exe and no problems.........

.....except a FPS count of about 12:dead: .

Damn, I need a new vid card.

dizza
04-20-07, 12:13 AM
I am officially done with this game. After two patches and the game still plays like crap. Suffered damage to the pressure hull from some deck guns, accidently hit "s" to surface the boat and the thing starts falling to the bottom like a rock. I never said submerge or go to periscope depth... I said SURFACE... this game is going on ebay first thing tomorrow morning.

dizza out.

-d

BigJonsson
04-20-07, 01:05 AM
Its so random

I loaded up the same game and the torps worked fine :S

Tobus
04-20-07, 02:10 AM
I had this also yesterday after patching to v1.2. I could click the fire torp button, but no torp was launched. I noticed that my mousedriver (logitech mx518) was hanging after running the patch. A reboot solved it.

And yes, this game is soooo broken.

greekfire
04-20-07, 02:58 AM
You won't have any of these problems if you avoid No-CD executibles. These are not bugs, these are all noted symptoms of the game degradation caused by ubisoft's anti-piracy measures. Do a fresh install and use the original game exe. Good luck.

Jungman
04-20-07, 04:24 AM
Can confirm that the no-cd hack for 1.2 is a dud. Now using the original .exe and no problems.........

.....except a FPS count of about 12:dead: .

Damn, I need a new vid card.

Of course it is bogus, it is only 3 meg in size (too small) plus it is out the first day? And they put more FADE into this one.

I use them, but not until a decent one is made. I bet you an Anti-P2P released it.

All I can say is...:rotfl: Just use your original disk until then. You all have one correct?:arrgh!:

Tobus
04-20-07, 04:39 AM
You won't have any of these problems if you avoid No-CD executibles. These are not bugs, these are all noted symptoms of the game degradation caused by ubisoft's anti-piracy measures. Do a fresh install and use the original game exe. Good luck.
I do not use no-dvd exe's. If I would, I would not be so hypocrit to post my findings here.

gonzlor
04-20-07, 04:46 AM
I'm lazy and I put no-cd cracks on every game I possibly can, But unfortunately for SH4 I have to keep it in the drive, swapping it out with Battlefield 2142 all the time at the moment :damn:

greekfire
04-20-07, 04:48 AM
I do not use no-dvd exe's. If I would, I would not be so hypocrit to post my findings here.

wasn't directing my response to you. didn't even see your post but I hope you find a solution.

greekfire
04-20-07, 04:56 AM
I'm lazy and I put no-cd cracks on every game I possibly can, But unfortunately for SH4 I have to keep it in the drive, swapping it out with Battlefield 2142 all the time at the moment :damn:

yeah I'm with you. Can't stand having to swap out cds and dvds all the time. I know that this is the issue with most of the posts in this thread because I had exact same issues when I was using the SHIV No-CD exe for 1.2. I haven't had any of those problems since I switched back to using the DVD during gameplay.

gonzlor
04-20-07, 04:59 AM
I remember the old days of copy protection where at some point in the game you'd have to consult the games manual for 4th letter of 5th word on line 7 on page 47 to get past it , heh.

Tobus
04-20-07, 05:02 AM
wasn't directing my response to you. didn't even see your post but I hope you find a solution.

Sorry if I "sounded" offended, I wasn't. Just stating that I would not be here whining if my rants could be my own fault.;)

joea
04-20-07, 05:09 AM
I am officially done with this game. After two patches and the game still plays like crap. Suffered damage to the pressure hull from some deck guns, accidently hit "s" to surface the boat and the thing starts falling to the bottom like a rock. I never said submerge or go to periscope depth... I said SURFACE... this game is going on ebay first thing tomorrow morning.

dizza out.

-d

Yoa had damage to the pressure hull and wonder why you could not surface??:rotfl:

Maybe play star trek or something you get force shields. :arrgh!:

Lt. Staumeier
04-20-07, 05:25 AM
Used a so called "cracked" exe before since that's a standard thing for me to do. Shelf the disc and go cracked. But I had all those 2D crews and random number sputtering so nowadays I'm using the disc and guess what?

No 2d crews.
No number sputtering.
and....
NONE of the above mentioned failiures.

Use the disc peeps.

JudgeDredd
04-20-07, 06:08 AM
You know...that was bad form and counter productive to put these anti-piracy issues in the game without warning.

I haven't bought the game because of all the negatibve feedback and not knowing what is a bug and what is because of a pirated game or a NO-CD crack.

I'm not sure how many people have been put off by all these reports, but I haven't parted with my money yet.

Maybe next time, a better way to go about it is to say "When you use a pirated version of this game or do not use the original EXE file, you will experience the following......<list>...this is called Anti Theft Protection and is there to allow you to see the game in action, but make it as annoying/unplayable so that you buy it if you like it"

Anyway, I'm still waiting on the green light from hard core simmers here...whilst I keep reading about problems, I won't be buying it.

Dimitrius07
04-20-07, 06:13 AM
I`am allready report thise bug in 1.2 patch threate, and as i sad the game is still unplayble unless for me. Waiting for a proper patch :|\\ :ping:

greekfire
04-20-07, 06:16 AM
Honestly, with the 1.2 patch, all the fix-mods, and since I quit using my not-so-handy No-CD crack....everything has been running very well. There are a few little things that need to be ironed out at this point but they seem pretty minor to me. This is the most addictive game I've had in years so it's hard for me to pwn the devs about anything. I'm a very satisfied customer.

walsh2509
04-20-07, 06:26 AM
Bit the bullet and reinstalled, updated to 1.1 then to 1.2 , added back in the mods I had and its all good.:up:

Jungman
04-20-07, 07:26 AM
The damage model has been fixed up quite a bit. I do not see the AA Flak killing off my crew anymore. Patch 1.2 did alot and there will be more. It is worth buying, but remember this is not really an arcade game so much.

We hardcore fans can be the roughest on the game since we love it so much to make it perfect.:p

If you take hull damage, it is acculative. You may notice it by water steam and pipes leaking in the interior of you sub. The more damage, less diving, until it just sinks.

For a new comer, there use to be a Percent Hull damage indicator for Sh3 but really SH4 is more realistic. I do agree, maybe a visual, " Yes, Kaptain, your screwed I would not trust this to dive very deep, if at all." for hull intregity feedback.

It is hard to dive if you have a 5" shell Hole (maybe a foot across) in the side of the sub. Though the crew makes it look like it was repaired back to 100%, when in realilty it is not (just a weld patch or wood plug maybe just keep it from sinking). Just watch the Blinking lights, water burst and steam inside the submarines interior and take your chances.:ping:

Tobus
04-20-07, 07:39 AM
It is hard to dive if you have a 5" shell Hole (maybe a foot across) in the side of the sub.

I would think that with a hole like that, diving would not be an issue:rotfl:

Jungman
04-21-07, 10:53 PM
5" :huh: I meant 5' five foot hole.:smug:

U-4053
04-22-07, 01:41 AM
My Torpedo's will not fire either, noticed it after the patch, as well as teh Crash dive function turning off the engins when depressed making me a sitting duck.
Not tyo mention the Jap planes that do funky cart wheels and dive into teh Ocean when they get close to my Sub.
Unusual stuff happening

Charlie

dizza
04-22-07, 01:30 PM

dizza out.

-d
Yoa had damage to the pressure hull and wonder why you could not surface??:rotfl:

Maybe play star trek or something you get force shields. :arrgh!:

I was already surfaced! Hence there should be no change in depth if I hit surface again... yet I went to the bottom like a rock.

-d

DirtyHarry3033
04-22-07, 02:49 PM
I was already surfaced! Hence there should be no change in depth if I hit surface again... yet I went to the bottom like a rock.

-d
Hmm... :hmm:

Dizza, RMS Titanic was already surfaced when she hit the iceberg. So there should have been no change in her depth, right? Despite the damage to her hull and bulkheads?

Likewise, RMS Lusitania was already surfaced when U-20 put a single torp into her. Again, by your logic, Lusitania's depth should not have changed?

So you accidently hit "surface", and then sank? Well I'm willing to bet you had taken more than enough damage from the deck gun hits you'd taken to sink your sub whether you hit "S" or not - that was just a coincidence.

If you get a big enough hole in your boat, she will sink - that is a reality! Apparently you got such a hole.

DH

-Pv-
04-22-07, 05:27 PM
"...
Sorry if I "sounded" offended, I wasn't. Just stating that I would not be here whining if my rants could be my own fault..."

It's good we are working hard not to insult each other. I expect everyone has noticed by now the huge number of people posting and complaining here whose problems ARE of their own making. Hard to tell the difference unless someone speciically states they are legal, especially when the problem reported CAN be attributed to cheats in many cases. It's come to that uinfortunately.
-Pv-