PDA

View Full Version : Firing torps issue

walsh2509
04-19-07, 04:01 PM
Can Anyone Tell Me ...

Is there anything I can do to fire my torps , installed 1.02 started new career and in my 1st mission I set off early Dec 41. Looked at my Nav Map and it was as pics posted elsewhere on this forum, I had to dock and end my mission I started my 2nd Mission Jan 42 and hey presto the Nav Map is back to normal.

But after 17 days to get to Japan the 1st ship I sight, I get its bearings and lay in wait. Bottom line, I have the scope lock on her (73% all boxes ticked except manual targetting and contact map) lock icon goes green and I press the Red fire button and nothing! I press and press all the way through green icon to yellow and still the torps would not fire.

I had a look at my crew all were fine, in fact 1 of the shift on in the torp room had an up arrow for promotion. So it wasn't a tired or sleeping crew, can anyone tell me if this is a bug or if I go back in again , like the Nav map it will fix itself?

Thanks ...

ps ..I posted on the 102bug post but no one replied..

kakemann
04-19-07, 04:05 PM
Maybe stupid question, but:

When you docked, did you go to the submarine torpedo map and added used torpedoes to all the empty torpedotubes?

I've experienced that you have to manually drag new torpedoes over to the sub again when you are in base!

walsh2509
04-19-07, 04:15 PM
torps were in , full load.

Quillan
04-19-07, 04:19 PM
This is just a guess. Being based in Pearl, I normally stop over in Midway on the way back home and refit, strictly for fuel purposes. However, the torps I get in the refit will not fire, ever. I keep getting "Unable to calculate solution for forward tubes" or similar message. Now, I never spent the time to investigate this, so I suppose it's possible the last optical device I used was pointing out the rear of the ship, but the only time I've ever seen that message was after a refit.

Other than that, what was the efficiency of the torpedo compartment? In SH3, if the efficiency dropped low enough you wouldn't even be able to fire, much less reload.

walsh2509
04-19-07, 04:30 PM
no msg with the non firing..

But I'll give that a go, if that is the case then its another bug that 1.02 has added.

PeriscopeDepth
04-19-07, 04:33 PM
But I'll give that a go, if that is the case then its another bug that 1.02 has added.

I wouldn't jump to conclusions so fast.

PD