PDA

View Full Version : Weird map in Career mode (FIXED)

Tobus
04-19-07, 12:01 PM
Hi all,

I have a question: I started a career today for the first time. After going to my navigation, my map is all screwy:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~tobyl/Transfer/SH4Img@19-4-2007_18.43.52_546.jpg

Blue lines of water diagonally cross my map. Scrolling the map around and/or zooming displace these blue lines also. Navigating is impossible. I tried to plan by heart but wound up ramming Molokai Island. I do not have this in other modes.

Any clues?

Piejie
04-19-07, 12:06 PM
Same problem here too after patch 1.2. Not only in Career but also in other modes. Sometimes it's like this and sometimes it's perfectly normal.

The only way of avoiding this problem seems to be going back to the default resolution of 1024*768.

Tobus
04-19-07, 12:09 PM
Same problem here too after patch 1.2. Not only in Career but also in other modes. Sometimes it's like this and sometimes it's perfectly normal.

The only way of avoiding this problem seems to be going back to the default resolution of 1024*768.
Hmm, strange. Now that you mention it, I did not have this with v1.1, although I played with that for only 2 days before v1.2 came out.

I am at 1024*768. I'll try to mess with the other graphics settings then.

Piejie
04-19-07, 12:15 PM
Hope they fix this **** in 1.3 :damn:

Safe-Keeper
04-19-07, 12:19 PM
Probably a lot of grognards out there who'd love this feature and go "yay, finally no GPS map! Thanks, Ubi!":p

Seriously, though, that is weird.

Seeadler
04-19-07, 12:21 PM
Looks like Freddy Krüger scratched once with its hand over the map:rotfl:

Egon01
04-19-07, 12:35 PM
There is another topic about this problem LINK (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=112377)
I had the same problem, try start the game with AA "Aplication controlled" on, when your game starts turn on AA x2, x4 etc., hope this will help in your case.

Good luck

Piejie
04-19-07, 01:02 PM
I think the default option for AA is "Aplication controlled". So for me it won't make a difference :-?

Egon01
04-19-07, 01:21 PM
I think the default option for AA is "Aplication controlled". So for me it won't make a difference :-?

Well in my case this helped, I have 7600GT.
First I thought it was resolution problem too but when I started second time game with new resolution 1280 map problem appeared again. Than I start trying with AA. I had AA x4 turned on in my nvidia panel and I changed this to "Aplication Controlled" and problem gone. As I said this helped with my gc, I can't guarantee this will work with every nvidia gc.

Cheers

Piejie
04-19-07, 03:39 PM
Damn.

Now I even have it at 1024*768 :damn:

I think I'm going back to 1.1. No other option I think :down:

Mad Professor
04-19-07, 03:42 PM
I got this too, I thought it was related to the copy protection system scrambling it.
Guess not, if everyone else is getting it.

All I did was save my game and restart SH4, reload save, problem fixed.

9th_cow
04-19-07, 05:19 PM
not encountered this myself
my install process was
SHIV

didnt bother with 1.1
and im running no mods.

but then i use the default resolution. 1024*768

Go4It
04-19-07, 08:25 PM
That's the 1st effect of using the HATRED NO/CD/DVD crack followed by repeating voices, some non-working keyboard keys an 2D commandroom...

Grim_Death
04-19-07, 08:32 PM
Buy the game, or stop using the no-dvd .exe.

Mad Professor
04-19-07, 10:59 PM
I do, Just bought a new dvd drive for my computer. Clean install went directly to 1.2 patch. I continued my career, all problems gone, no more 2d possessed crews and weird map like this.

My dvd drive is really old, Its a 5 year old 12x generic dvd-rom.

Got a new ASUS 16x dvd-rom drive.

Perhaps you guys need to do a clean install, skip the 1.1, and patch directly 1.2.

Go4It
04-19-07, 11:08 PM
I didn't accuse anyone of using a nodvd crack, I just said these are some of the symptoms when using a said crack. I visit another forum that discusses topics like that an SH4 is an ongoing topic there.

My copy runs great, installed v1 > patched to v1.1 an now 1.2 with no problem

Fearless
04-19-07, 11:30 PM
Had that problem myself after i turned on AA. It disappeared once turned off.

Tobus
04-20-07, 01:52 AM
I bought the game (starting to regret this:nope: ), not using any no-dvd crack, thank you very much....

I am on 1024*768, AA is app controlled in panel (I think, will have to check).
And I don't have this all the time. Only in Careermode, but saving-quitting-restarting SH4-reloading does the trick 50% of the time.

I also patched v1.2 from v1.1, so I'll do a re-install, delete entire directory and go straight to v1.2 to verify if this helps.

btw, I have a nVidia 6600GT 8xAGP.

bugatti
04-20-07, 02:37 PM
I post this problem in the bug thread also. Anyway, I tried all methods including complete clean install the game and apply patch 1.2 without 1.1..................same problem happened. For now, all I can do is restart the game when it happens, seem to work............50%!!!

Oh, and I have a legal copy so the nocd crack is not an issue here.........

I have a nvidia 6800 ultra agp using 91.47 driver.

Beery
04-20-07, 08:33 PM
I have this issue too. Another thread had the suggestion that changing the resolution to 1024x768 fixed the problem. I can now confirm that this is NOT the case. I started a career at 1024x768 and on loading a saved game (still at 1024x768) the map bug reappeared.

BTW I am using anti-aliasing and I'm damned if I'm going to switch it off. A game should be able to handle anti-aliasing. In fact it should be something I can choose in the game's graphics options. I'm tired of the Silent Hunter series not supporting what other games regard as standard options.

Elder-Pirate
04-20-07, 09:08 PM
No problem here useing Nvidia 7800 GS OC, 3 Gigs ram.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/oleman/AAA.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/oleman/af.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/oleman/VS.jpg

bugatti
04-20-07, 09:39 PM
To my case, it doesn't matter if AA turn on or off. The game still produces that weird map sometimes. By the way, I also tried the different resolution at different Hz (including 1024x768) but the result are same.

Oh well..............I switched back to 1.1 and playing for the time being because I don't believe the 1.3 comes anytime soon, and when it comes I doubt this bug would be fixed consider some people have while the other don't :damn:

Tobus
04-21-07, 04:53 AM
I just uninstalled, reinstalled and went straight to v1.2 instead of 1.1 --> 1.2.
Guess what: map is normal now, at least for the time being.

This game is sooooo broken.

Kapitan_Phillips
04-21-07, 04:58 AM
Maybe its a corrupted .tga file? :hmm:

Beery
04-21-07, 05:51 AM
Maybe its a corrupted .tga file? :hmm:

If it was a corrupted graphics file it would stay corrupted. This thing changes.

greekfire
04-21-07, 07:24 AM
There's 3 threads going right now with this issue...lol

Here is my experience with this and how I solved it....

I had this EXACT problem with my Nav Map. I isolated it down to the No-CD exe I was using at the time. I did a fresh install and started running the game with the real exe and DVD in drive. Not even a hint of problems since. I use an nvidia 7900gt vcard but I don't think that is the issue. I've made no video changes that could've alleviated the issue. I had that No-CD exe for 2 days and it was total hell. I had problems with game all over the place including this map mutation. Not a single problem since I quit using the No-CD. good luck.

PPVAL
04-26-07, 07:20 AM
I got the same problem in the navigator map…
In order to add more confusion to the theme…that is what I discover…
I was in a career, position near Midway, stopped and surface. At this time a checked the navigators map and it was OK. At this point I saved the game (name: Midway 1).
Next…
I ordered “emergency dive” and I crash against the bottom sea, I got some light damage.
I ordered “repair the damage” and everything was OK except that the navigators map show then the weird blue bands. I saved the game again at this point (name: Midway 2).
Well, after all of that I close the game reset the machine and start again loading the game.
I select career and reloading Midway 2 saved position…check the map and it was BAD.
I select career and reloading Midway 1 saved position…check the map and it was OK.
My conclusions are:
Nothing regarding to my 6200 Nvidia card.
Nothing regarding to patch 1.2
Something is going bad in the program crash management area.
Should be a bug…
WHAT IS HAPPENING after a damage situation????
:damn: the ship is repaired but the map is not ?
:o A crash even destroy the map?
I can not understand...

DragonRR1
04-26-07, 04:12 PM
I haven't included this issue in the bug list I'm running (latest here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=515260&postcount=356) because:

1) I already have a general issue (56) that some people appear to experience protection bugs despite running "clean"
2) I tried the game with the hatred nocd crack and got the same issue. Running without it fixed the problem.

However, I'll make a specific reference to the issue in issue (56) in the next list.

U56_Dragon
04-26-07, 04:51 PM
I too can also confirm this. Clean, 1.2, using mods. No issue so far.
I DID have the issue along with the paper doll men with the NoCD for 1.2
I like not having to use the disc, but today it seems that this won't be the issue.
Until a better programmer than me figures it out, there is always a way.
:D

Fearless
04-26-07, 06:00 PM
Yep, tried it out with this NoCD thingy to see what would happen and big problem.

Stick to the original .exe that's my advise. No map issues since.

Surf rider
04-27-07, 06:44 PM
i've had that same problem with the map.Solution was the mod " pull down pacifig map for SH4 high resolution".I was using that mod

t0maz
05-05-07, 06:45 AM
Returned to orginal sh4.exe.
No more issues, with map, firing torpedos nor flat or voodoo eyes characters :lol: