PDA

View Full Version : What is a KSQ ?

Elder-Pirate
04-19-07, 11:22 AM
After returning to base I see this in my log. I have not found any such ship/aircraft/whatever in the Museum but I've been wrong before. Any one know what a KSQ is ?

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/oleman/KSQ.jpg

SteamWake
04-19-07, 11:26 AM
Search Aircraft ?

AirborneTD
04-19-07, 11:29 AM
I don't know, and I don't quite understand the "code" used in these patrol logs. Another area I would like to see improved on.

AVGWarhawk
04-19-07, 11:33 AM
Probably a airplane. Possible the Kate.

Ducimus
04-19-07, 11:34 AM
It's a bug. Theres acutally two types of names for ships. Theres the computer name, that the game uses on the backend, and then theres the english name that you see in game. Take a look in the sh4/data/sea directory, and then take a look at the sh4/data/roster/names.cfg file and you'll see what i mean.

Henri II
04-19-07, 11:38 AM
I dont't know about SH4, but in SH3 KSQ is the code used for a tramp steamer. Shouldn't you actually know what it was that you sank?

tycho102
04-19-07, 11:59 AM
After returning to base I see this in my log. I have not found any such ship/aircraft/whatever in the Museum but I've been wrong before. Any one know what a KSQ is ?

Looks like a plane flying with all those other planes.

Elder-Pirate
04-19-07, 12:55 PM
It's a bug. Theres acutally two types of names for ships. Theres the computer name, that the game uses on the backend, and then theres the english name that you see in game. Take a look in the sh4/data/sea directory, and then take a look at the sh4/data/roster/names.cfg file and you'll see what i mean.

OK here it is right where you said ( sh4/data/roster/names.cfg file) KSQ=Coastal Composite Freighter

Another UBI cover up. :damn:

Thanks Ducimus. :yep: