PDA

View Full Version : Radio Missing in Action! (FIXED)

Dodger01
04-19-07, 10:56 AM
For some odd reason my radio and gramophone do not deploy when I click the appropriate buttons from the camera menu in the HUD. I can get the gramophone to play using keyboard shortcuts, however I cannot find similiar commands in command.cfg for the radio. I want my radio! :-)

Also, while in the command room the only things clickable are the hatches to the conning tower/bridge. I'm wondering if these two things are related and if perhaps there's some interface option or mode I may be missing or unaware of.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

MONOLITH
04-19-07, 10:58 AM
Two other people had the same radio and gramaphone problem.

Turned out one of the previous radio mods had changed a game file, and that's why the radio no longer worked with 1.2.

They had to do a clean re-install and that fixed the problem.

Dodger01
04-19-07, 11:22 AM
Hmmm... it didn't work prior to 1.2 either, but it may have been a mod. I'll give that a shot and let you know.

Thanks for the quick response!

Dodger01
04-19-07, 12:03 PM
Two other people had the same radio and gramaphone problem.

Turned out one of the previous radio mods had changed a game file, and that's why the radio no longer worked with 1.2.

They had to do a clean re-install and that fixed the problem.

Well I'll be a sunuvagun, it worked. Removed all the mods using JsGME, uninstalled SH4 then did a clean reinstall. Tested, Radio and gramophone were there. Then, installed 1.2 and tested again - still good. installed Capt. Midnight's CBS Radio MOD through JsGME, and it's still working!

Thank you very much, skipper!

Dodger01
04-19-07, 12:59 PM
I traced the problem (at least on my installation) to using Cavalier889's wonderful SetKey utility (a version I used for SH3) to alter the SH4 commands.cfg for use with Shoot for inputting voice commands.

After successfully testing the radio as I mentioned above, I backed up commands.cfg and replaced it with the one I had saved before uninstalling so that I could use Shoot, and voila! No radio. Returned the unedited copy and the radio was back. So then I hand-edited the original in notepad, adding the keyboard shortcuts I used most often for Shoot, and they seem to work fine, as does the radio and gramophone.

So the only thing I can assume without carefully examing both original and SetKey's edited version of commands.cfg for anomolies, is that SetKey somehow adds or removes or otherwise edits the file in such a way that it causes the radio/gramphone interfaces not to work. Hand-editing however doesn't seem to reproduce the problem.