PDA

View Full Version : New Mulitplayer Lobby (hyper Lobby)

toogame
04-19-07, 10:50 AM
NEW MULTIPLAYER LOBBY (HYPER LOBBY) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

I know most people are having problems time and time again trying to get onto Hamachi or UBI online play, but server is full cant get on or doesnt work. Problem is we have no lobby to speak/chat to other SH4 gamers to open other rooms and arrange games etc.

So a group of us has started using Hyper Lobby to meet up online and arrange battles etc, also can chat even when the game is on and build up our Sub community.

GO to HYPER LOBBY or download it at http://hyperfighter.sk/ (http://hyperfighter.sk/) then connect to FREE CHAT ......we are all using this and arranging Battles from here.
ALL WELCOME spread the word !!!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

WWSandMan
04-19-07, 07:32 PM
I hadn't tried using HL for an SH4 multiplayer game yet. I use HL quite often for IL-2 flight missions though, it's a very good service. Perhaps Jiri can create an actual SH4 Hyper Lobby room in a future version... :|\\

WWSandMan
04-19-07, 10:09 PM
Oh, I see now. You were using the chat room in HL to arrange multiplayer sessions, not actually using HL to *launch* the game as it can with it's supported games.

There's a process to be followed to get SH4 added to Hyper Lobby's list of supported games: Hyper Lobby forum post from Jiri regarding adding new games to the list of supported games (http://hyperfighter.sk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1499) :

Jiri-Fojtasek[/B]"]If you want add a game i need this:
1./ Someone must buy and send me the original game box
2./ Then i will test if is posible add this game in to HL. Not all games is capable to be used with HL, like Wings Of War !

And you get this:
When i got a free time, i will add the game in to HL and publish new version ...

Do you want give me more free time ?
Send me a donation http://hyperfighter.sk/modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif Western Union working well for me ...

Anything from this will not promise that this game will get popular here, it is work for game publishers and developers ...

So perhaps we can start a grass-roots movement to get a copy of SH4 into Jiri's hands, with no promises it can work via Hyper Lobby as is. I suspect some involvement of the dev team will be needed in cooperation with Jiri to make SH4 truly useable via Hyper Lobby.

The upside is that Hyper Lobby is a very good front-end lobby for multi-player simulations. If you look at the list of supported games, it is mostly various flight sims that are in the list. "Dangerous Waters" is in there too, as the current token Naval sim presence. But this limited spectrum also means that you won't have all the various communities from RPG and FPS games clogging up the chat box. Hyper Lobby is for the simulation enthusiast, even if it isn't advertised that way. ;)

Hyper Lobby itself is a free utility, and any of you who havbe used it for any of the various flight sims will know how easy it is to use, and how unobtrusive it is (ie, it isn't a huge resource hog). I believe it could be a very useful multi-player front end for the SH4 community.

Ummm... if SH4 and HL can be made to work together that is. Which we won't know until we can get Jiri a copy. That's a relatively small price to pay for a *free* community utility that is much more useful than UBI's lobby.

Any thoughts from you fine folks in the SubSim community?

subroc
04-20-07, 04:26 PM
** BUMP **
I'll donate $20.00 for purchase of SH4 copy for Jiri, and left overs for programming incentive for Jiri

Monica Lewinsky
04-20-07, 06:23 PM
You guys ever given any thought to setting up a 16 person or so Team Speak server on an old junk PC? works with ANY game. You can create seperate channels so people playing would not have to listen to the people waiting to join and chit chatting. Everting to do and use it is free except for the mic or headset if you don't have one. I prefer using a headset. If you want I can dust one off [a old PC] and set one up as a server if any one is interested? I do not play any online game without Team Speak, furthermore based on the server, I won't play on it unless it also has a Team Speak Server also. Takes all the nonsense of text chatting and makes it go away and is cheap and FREE!

toogame
04-21-07, 02:07 AM
Yeah we are using HL as a meeting place and arranging games from there. I have heard about jiri coment that if he has time and he might put SH4 on HL which I would also chuck money in. Thats why if we all use the free chat in Hyper Lobby he will see this community and want to open SH4 Lobby.

Nothing is better than online gaming, so I think we all need to get together on a chat room and Start blow SH*% up :rock:

:fff:

What do you all think? ...................also anyway for online today?

WWSandMan
04-21-07, 10:10 AM
I'm with SubRoc, I'll be happy to donate funds to get this rolling. Heck, I'll be the contact point if needed (I suspect a n00b in this community offering to provide financial services might be greeted with some suspicion, for which I can't blame you. I'd be equally wary). That is unless a dev-team member or admin here can do this??

If it's acceptable to you folks, I'd be happy to do this. Here's how: There's a "Donations Accepted" link in the 'WW TeamSpeak Server Information' box on my virtual squadron's portal page (http://www.wingwalkers.org/Forum/portal.php) (2/3 down the left side of the page) that goes to my PayPal account. Be sure to note in the 'Notes' box of the PayPal page that your donation is intended for "SH4 HyperLobby Room" or somethign like that, else you'll be donating to the Wing Walkers' TS server fund. Which will be appreciated too... ;)

I'll check on how much the game costs, plus shipping costs to Eastern Europe (where Jiri lives, I forget which country... Romania?), and report back.

@ Monica Lewinsky (never thought I'd ever address a comment to that name, lol!) : As you can see from the stuff above, I'm in full agreement with you about the necessity of having voice comms available for multiplayer games. I know it doesn't take much to run a TS server locally, but there's always the off chance of the server going down for whatever reason (need that spare comp for something else, etc.).

That's why the Wing Walkers make use of services provided by TS-approved hosting firms. For a nominal fee we get a 50-player server that's never down (the "Sandbox" server, for private squad use) through Online Stomping Grounds (http://www.osgrocks.com/) and an open server that is hosted for a similar amount through Cyber Squads (http://www.cybersquads.com/). I can't tell you how much of a relief it is to *know* our TS service is there any time of the day or night.

U-4053
04-21-07, 10:47 AM
I would like to contribute my support by saing that I will contribute 20 smacks as well to the SH4 to Hyper Lobby fund.

I have used Hyper lobby for nearly 7 yrs now since the firt IL2 came out and I find it to be a very stable server for multiplay.
The guy who put this together really knows his stuff, the only problem I can see though is Ubi geting jellous that someone is better at Multiplay interfaces than they are.
Maybe they should pay him.... to do the Multiplay for the games they propose?
I like the Idea and have already told Subroc I would support this project.

Charlie

WWSandMan
04-21-07, 12:17 PM
Excellent.. the more folks we have on board for this little project, the better.

WWSandMan
04-21-07, 12:21 PM
Duh... We can knock down two birds with one stone. I assume the "Buy Here, Support SubSim" Amazon link at the top of this page means that a portion of proceeds from that link goes to Subsim.com?? No-brainer then... Buy from that link and have Amazon ship it to Jiri directly.

Umm... maybe. Does Amazon ship over-seas?

subroc
04-21-07, 01:16 PM
Duh... We can knock down two birds with one stone. I assume the "Buy Here, Support SubSim" Amazon link at the top of this page means that a portion of proceeds from that link goes to Subsim.com?? No-brainer then... Buy from that link and have Amazon ship it to Jiri directly.

Umm... maybe. Does Amazon ship over-seas?

sounds great ill be sending my $20.00 to your paypal today

subroc
04-21-07, 04:12 PM
just put $20.00 USD on your paypal sandman (paypal transaction ID # 7JV89636161036636) Thanks Bro lets get the ball rollin.. for Hyperlobby (p/s was no spot to put any infor like "donation for SH4 HyperLobby Room") so please make sure it goes for HL

Monica Lewinsky
04-21-07, 04:38 PM
@ Monica Lewinsky (never thought I'd ever address a comment to that name, lol!) : As you can see from the stuff above, I'm in full agreement with you about the necessity of having voice comms available for multiplayer games. I know it doesn't take much to run a TS server locally, but there's always the off chance of the server going down for whatever reason (need that spare comp for something else, etc.).

WWSandman,
Repost the donation link for the new folks. I will kick in too - $MONEY$

Playing online without Team Speak is not an option for me. I simply just DON'T join servers or games unless they have it. It is the ONLY way to have MORE fun with a game you love.

I am an main admin on another game that almost requires you to have Team Speak in order to play on our server. Have helped at least 100+ people configure TS or solve problems with their sound card.

Do me a FAVOR. Make it MANDATORY that the TS user must be in the "Push To Talk" mode for transmissions [of voice]. "Voice Activated" Team Speak s-u-c-k-s the big one. No, for the voice activated nOOb users, I don't want to hear you sniff, sneeze, chew on ice cubes, fart, or listen to your TV in the background.

Keep me in the loop sir. Will bend over backwards to help get this going.

Interested in Team Speak? go here:

http://www.goteamspeak.com/

In game text chat is for the NooBs.

Keep me in the loop via PM's or posts - PRETTY please - with ice cream on it. :)

WWSandMan
04-22-07, 09:10 AM
@ Subroc : Funds received, thank you sir!

~~~

@ Monica

http://www.wingwalkers.org/Forum/portal.php

Scroll down a bit, you'll see a block on the left side with TeamSpeak info and a PayPal Donate button. Click the donate button and you'll be taken to the PayPal page. Be sure to mention SH4 & HyperLobby in the memo.

Or, just log into PayPal and send your donation to this email: monte@smsp.org

It doesn't have to be a significant amount, $5 USD would be fine. Between myself and subroc, we've got enough to get the game purchased. The only thing now is to get a mailing address from Jiri and find out if Amazon will ship the game overseas. I'm sure shipping will be as much (or more) than the cost of the game itself.

~~

@ Monica, #2 : Doesn't it just aggrevate you to hear someone coughing up a lung because they're on vox instead of PTT? :damn:

WWSandMan
04-22-07, 10:48 AM
Minor update: I've confirmed that Amazon can send the game to Slovakia, Jiri's home. :up:

Expedited shipping (4-6 days from US to Slovakia) basically doubles the price tag.:p

Remains to be seen if Jiri wants the English language version though... :oops:

subroc
04-22-07, 05:19 PM

~~~

cool rgr that bro..

~~

@ Monica, #2 : Doesn't it just aggrevate you to hear someone coughing up a lung because they're on vox instead of PTT? :damn:

Lung Butter!! :|\\

subroc
04-22-07, 05:20 PM
Minor update: I've confirmed that Amazon can send the game to Slovakia, Jiri's home. :up:

Expedited shipping (4-6 days from US to Slovakia) basically doubles the price tag.:p

Remains to be seen if Jiri wants the English language version though... :oops:

you rock sandman!!

subroc
04-22-07, 05:27 PM
Or, just log into PayPal and send your donation to this email: monte@smsp.org

It doesn't have to be a significant amount, $5 USD would be fine. Between myself and subroc, we've got enough to get the game purchased. The only thing now is to get a mailing address from Jiri and find out if Amazon will ship the game overseas. I'm sure shipping will be as much (or more) than the cost of the game itself.

any overages may grease the wheels of Jiri's development time :) .. maybe sh4 will be more playable online soon.. cant see why UBI would mind helping Jiri! anything that makes the game more playable.. makes the game more sellable :) ie: profit

also sandman your website looks very good after we get HL setup with sh4 may donate and use your TS server.

WWSandMan
04-22-07, 09:09 PM
... any overages may grease the wheels of Jiri's development time :) .. maybe sh4 will be more playable online soon.. cant see why UBI would mind helping Jiri! anything that makes the game more playable.. makes the game more sellable :) ie: profit

I'm keeping track of the donations, and will present a full accounting of funds received vs. costs paid out once this little episode is complete. I'm not entirely sure how any left-over amount will get sent to Jiri (Western Union?), but rest assured that's where it will go.

It's the whole 'profit' thing that UBI is losing out on by having a substandard multi-player lobby. One small ad space with a cycling ad in a header on a well made lobby and they have their costs covered. Instead, folks look for other venues in which to to play (ie : Hyper Lobby, Hamachi, All Seeing Eye, etc.). In any case, HL is a compettitor (of sorts) to UBI's multi-player patrons, so I wouldn't expect to see any collaborations there. Unless there's a buy-out of some sort, which is rather unlikely.

also sandman your website looks very good after we get HL setup with sh4 may donate and use your TS server.

:) Thank you. I'm just a dumb ole' truck driver, so pats on the back like that are well received.

Re: TS: the donations are set up for the 'Sandbox' server, which is a private server I maintain for the Wing Walkers. The afore-mentioned 'dumb ole truck driver' means I don't have deep pockets...

Our more public server is maintained by WWBard, who uses it primarily for his F4AF group (the 'Taipans'). Bard also allows it's use in various WW event activities, and I'm sure he wouldn't mind if we used it occasionally for SH4 activities. Especially since he's been looking at SH4 himself. ;)

WWSandMan
04-22-07, 09:11 PM
I would like to contribute my support by saing that I will contribute 20 smacks as well to the SH4 to Hyper Lobby fund.
Charlie

S! Charlie/U-4053

Just a quick confirmation that I've received your donation, via Subroc. Thank you sir!

U-4053
04-23-07, 01:05 AM
Sandman, Im waiting for Subroc to give me a mailing Add. so I can send him a check in the mail, I have't quite come into the 20th century living out here in Hooterville.
This is a good Idea and more should jump onboard.

Charlie

Monica Lewinsky
04-23-07, 07:19 PM

~~~

Nah, just the folks that drink soda or pop with ice cubes and then they are are voice activated chewing their ice cubes - DRIVES ME POSTAL. Have a desire to whack them in the head with a baseball bat listening to cubes get crunched. Drives me NUTS!:lol: Would gladly drive 1,000 miles [one-way] just to whack 'em in the head. :rotfl:

Give me a day or two or three to make my donation. Things with $money$ are kinda tight. Have one or two customers owing me $3,000 or more and short of funds because my cash flow situation. Be patient with me. I will not be a dead beat on the $money$, just kinda tight right now with the $bucks$. Need some time. Can't wait to talk with you SubSim folks on TS. Looking forward to it!

You folks are the GREATEST!

WWSandMan
04-23-07, 09:16 PM
@ U-4053 : LMAO about the 'Hooterville' reference. Green Acres has been popping up a lot recently for some reason. :hmm:

@ Monica : Don't sweat the monetary donation, there may well be other things to donate that may prove just as, if not more, useful - time, effort, expertise, etc.

/edit/ Oh... I'll be adding an SH4 room to the "Taipans" TS server. WWBard has allowed my request to create that room. If you care to use that TS server for your submarine adventures, please be sure to drop down into that channel so as not to interfere with any of the other various groups who may be on the server (specifically anyone with "TPN" or "WW" in front of their nicknames).

Server address: teamspeak.cybersquads.com:8772
Server password: snakebite

SH4 room : Silent Service (at the bottom of the channel list) Max players for the room is currently set to 10... Hopefully I may have to bump that up as time goes on. ;)

I might suggest putting "Silent Service" as the default 'connect to' channel when you set up this server in your TS program. That way you'll go straight to the channel without bothering the folks who may be in the server's lobby room (usually populated with jet jockeys).

To all: Still awaiting a response from Jiri... perhaps he's on holiday?

To "The Anonymous Donator" : Thank you sir, funds received. :)

subroc
04-24-07, 12:36 AM
Sandman, Im waiting for Subroc to give me a mailing Add. so I can send him a check in the mail, I have't quite come into the 20th century living out here in Hooterville. This is a good Idea and more should jump onboard.
Charlie

silvrbak82@frontiernet.net

Hi Charlie .. sent you an email from my email address subroc1979@gmail.com
let me know if you get it thanks
Dave

WWSandMan
04-26-07, 10:49 PM
Potential problem... We can't find Jiri, he of HyperLobby creation 'fame'.

Subroc did a little snooping and found that Jiri hasn't made any posts on the HL forums since December. Rather unusual, to say the least. I have one inside track I will attempt to use to get Jiri's attention, but I can't offer any guarantees it will work.

I'm keeping on eye on this situation and will react accordingly. I will return all funds to those who have contributed to this project (with an extra buck tossed in to cover the PayPal fees).

All I need from you folks is a timetable. How long should we wait before we put this aside for future reference?

subroc
06-22-07, 01:10 AM
any luck sandman?