PDA

View Full Version : Incremental rudder control?

nfitzsimmons
04-19-07, 10:48 AM
Been playing SH3/GWX to much. Is there a way in SH4 to set specific rudder degrees (10 degrees, 14, degrees, etc) instead of having to use full left/right?

I use that feature a lot in SH3.

SteamWake
04-19-07, 11:19 AM
There is a grey squarish button beneath the "compass / heading thing" click that ;)

While on this topic is there a keystroke to set rudder amidship ?

mookiemookie
04-19-07, 11:20 AM

The ' key (next to Enter)

Cakewalk
04-19-07, 11:21 AM
Keystroke to set rudder to midships is the same as SH3, the [ ' ] key. (Between the colon/semicolon and your enter key)

EDIT: Beat me to it:up:

Payoff
04-19-07, 06:23 PM
Unfortunately that feature was lost when SHIII came onto the scene. Now you have to realistically mouse click the cursor on a tiny little rudder control image. :damn:

nfitzsimmons
04-20-07, 08:06 AM
There is a grey squarish button beneath the "compass / heading thing" click that ;)

Thanks. Found it last night. Just another case of poor documentation plus my missing the obvious. The damn buttons look like decoration as opposed to the ones in SH3.

AVGWarhawk
04-20-07, 09:26 AM

Yeah, hit that key and hear 'rudder, rudder':roll:. My parrot hears it so often he is now saying 'rudder, rudder'.;)

SteamWake
04-20-07, 09:48 AM

Yeah, hit that key and hear 'rudder, rudder':roll:. My parrot hears it so often he is now saying 'rudder, rudder'.;)

I hear they taste like chicken :p

AVGWarhawk
04-20-07, 10:40 AM
I hear they taste like chicken :p

No, like frogs legs;)