PDA

View Full Version : Topics marked as read

_alphaBeta_
04-16-07, 07:13 AM
This is probably a global policy, but I want to make sure I'm not missing an option somewhere. Currently, new topics are only marked as new since your last visit. I would prefer new topics stay new topics until you actually read them.

Let's say I come to the boards and see a topic marked as new. I choose not to read it during this particular visit. I leave and come back later - this topic is now marked as read even though I never read it. There were no new posts since my last visit, but that's not very valuable information since I never read it in the first place.

Telling me there were new posts since I last read the topic is valuable. Other sites (with seemingly the same board program) do work like this, and it's much more convenient for this of us that come in and only read a topic or two at a time.

Onkel Neal
04-17-07, 01:22 PM
Currently, new topics are only marked as new since your last visit. I would prefer new topics stay new topics until you actually read them.

This has advantages as well as disadvantages. Currently there's no way to make everyone happy, but I will see what I can do! :up:

Redwine
04-18-07, 11:03 AM
I think so the problem are the left simbols... the radar PPI, the electric ray... they overwrite the Red Folder with Arrow, wich indicates you you was in that topic.

Due to this, some days ago y was claiming for the small shields at the right of the topic title.

Neal swithch them back a new time, great !!!

You can use them to know wich topics yu paticipated.... is a small shield, in black and red, with a withe tilde/checked simbol :up: