PDA

View Full Version : Question

clayp
04-13-07, 01:24 PM
Does sh4 have something against OC'd systems I sped mine up a little more and it CTD's sooner....:damn:

AVGWarhawk
04-13-07, 01:28 PM
I think I remember a thread when it first came out that it did not recognize OC on ATI cards. Looking at your system, why are you OC anyway?

clayp
04-13-07, 05:23 PM
I think I remember a thread when it first came out that it did not recognize OC on ATI cards. Looking at your system, why are you OC anyway?

I have the CPU OC because it dosent have enough horsepower for il2FB and WWIIOL and this game.The vid card is not Oced.....

flintlock
04-13-07, 05:31 PM
Keep in mind when you OC your system and then run a fairly demanding system resource like SH4, it will tax your system even further. So it had better be pretty stable and adequately dissipating the additional heat that both the game, and OCing in general, burden your PC with.

Perhaps tone down the OCing a notch and keep testing until you find that sweet spot.

clayp
04-13-07, 05:37 PM
Keep in mind when you OC your system and then run a fairly demanding system resource like SH4, it will tax your system even further. So it had better be pretty stable and adequately dissipating the additional heat that both the game, and OCing in general, burden your PC with.

Perhaps tone down the OCing a notch and keep testing until you find that sweet spot.

Thanks I run with the side cover off and 3 fans blowing on it..The CPU never goes above 48C and the vid card 52C....I may try backing it off a bit..

livewire68
04-13-07, 05:56 PM
It also wouldn't hurt for you to update your cat - 7.2 and 7.3 have both run stable for me with SH4 on an ati x700pro and since I upgraded, ati x1950pro.

clayp
04-13-07, 05:58 PM
It also wouldn't hurt for you to update your cat - 7.2 and 7.3 have both run stable for me with SH4 on an ati x700pro and since I upgraded, ati x1950pro.

I tryed the 7.3's the other day and it seemed worse in il2FB's

flintlock
04-13-07, 06:07 PM
I tryed the 7.3's the other day and it seemed worse in il2FB's
When you're playing more than one title, as most people do, then it can sometimes be a balancing act.

I'm using the latest Catalysts too, and they've proved to be solid across the full range of titles I currently play.

livewire68
04-13-07, 06:09 PM
On the x700 pro, I was OC'd about 10% on both cpu and video, and was very stable with SH4. Had to use extra fans for heat, but that was it. I was using cat 7.2 at the time. Since I upgraded, I haven't OC'd at all. It sounds like you are keeping everything cool enough. The only other thing I can think of would be to make sure everything else is updated - especially bios. I will mess around tonight OC'ing to see it SH4 becomes less stable. It'll be fun trying anyway. Sorry I couldn't help more.

Brian

clayp
04-13-07, 06:44 PM
You guys are great.....:sunny:

UPDATE I backed the CPU down from 2.7 to 2.6 and it seems to be better abit the fps is a little weak..My computer guy says he is useing a hopped up set of 7.2 CATS from this place..http://www.ngohq.com/home.php?page=Files&go=cat&dwn_cat_id=18.....I may try them