PDA

View Full Version : Question about missions?

DirtyHarry3033
04-12-07, 07:53 PM
I'm on my 3rd patrol out of Pearl. Apr 18, 1942. Like the other patrols, my mission orders were to deploy to East China Sea, and engage/destroy enemy merchant shipping.

Well I completed my 3rd patrol requirements, arrived on-station and took down 20,000 tons in heavy weather. Went to send a status report, and guess what? Now I've got another objective - Photo Recon of Hiroshima Harbor.

Now the question - I thought I'd read that there'd be at most 2 objectives to fulfill on a patrol. Also that once you completed 2 patrols from a port (which I have, from Pearl), there would be NO new missions until the port fell and you were transferred to another port. You'd keep getting the same one over and over until then...

Now I've got a 3rd (and totally new) objective for this patrol??? Not that I'm complaining, my crew was getting tired of the S.O.S. ;) I'm just wondering, after I get this one done (if I do...) am I likely to get still another objective? And another, and so on?

If any CO's have advice for sneaking deep into the heart of the Nippon empire undetected, I'd love to hear it. This might be hard, I'm currently 170 nm due east of Taipei, about 70% diesel remaining. And I was getting pounded a dozen times a day by Jap planes on the way in, I imagine the closer I get to Japan, the worse the planes are gonna get. And it's not like I'm headed for Hokkaido in open water, I'm headed for the heart of Japan, shallow waters, narrow channels, totally surrounded! Any tips are appreciated!

(I'm loving this sim more every time I play it...)

SteamWake
04-12-07, 07:55 PM
Try this thread here

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=111509

It needs to be stickied although its only two posts below this one.

FAdmiral
04-12-07, 09:28 PM
Well I completed my 3rd patrol requirements, arrived on-station and took down 20,000 tons in heavy weather. Went to send a status report, and guess what? Now I've got another objective - Photo Recon of Hiroshima Harbor.

If any CO's have advice for sneaking deep into the heart of the Nippon empire undetected, I'd love to hear it. This might be hard, I'm currently 170 nm due east of Taipei, about 70% diesel remaining. And I was getting pounded a dozen times a day by Jap planes on the way in, I imagine the closer I get to Japan, the worse the planes are gonna get. And it's not like I'm headed for Hokkaido in open water, I'm headed for the heart of Japan, shallow waters, narrow channels, totally surrounded! Any tips are appreciated!

(I'm loving this sim more every time I play it...)

Send another message saying your camera is broken (worth a try)
It might just save your life !!

JIM