PDA

View Full Version : Well that blew up in my face!

Camaero
04-12-07, 06:26 PM
There I was, right off the shore of Japan where a nice fat tanker was sitting. We slowly crept towards him ready to give him a nice present any second. Straight in front of us, speed 0, we can't miss! Fire one! Fire two! Fire... Boom! There was a huge explosion directly in front of my periscope. The boat rocked and shook and cries were heard from injured crew men. The boat sank slowly and came to a rest on the bottom of the shallow floor. Our easy target has turned into a struggle for survival. Either a torpedo has hit a rock sticking up too far in front of us, or it has detonated prematurely. One did hit the tanker, but he looks like he will survive as he steams away in a frightened manner.

We made repairs but the boat was stuck on the bottom fairly good. We had to wait until that tanker was well out of sight before we blew our tanks and slowly rose to the surface.

The USS Trout is now on her way back to Pearl with her tail tucked between her legs. Those japs can bet we will be back though...

Don't you love it when something so unexpected happens?

SteamWake
04-12-07, 06:29 PM
Strange... I thought torpedoes had to run some distance before they were armed.

Sure you dident bump a mine ?

Kapitan_Phillips
04-12-07, 06:31 PM
Most people have the sense to look for rocks before firing torpedoes ;);)

Camaero
04-12-07, 06:32 PM
Most people have the sense to look for rocks before firing torpedoes ;);)

Not me!:doh:

Kapitan_Phillips
04-12-07, 06:35 PM
Psst, I've made sillier mistakes before. How about running below a sinking ship and almost getting hit and sunk by the halves as they sank?

Camaero
04-12-07, 06:36 PM
Psst, I've made sillier mistakes before. How about running below a sinking ship and almost getting hit and sunk by the halves as they sank?

That would not be good to be sunk by a sinking ship!:rotfl:

Kapitan_Phillips
04-12-07, 06:42 PM
Dont tell my girlfriend. She'll NEVER let that go :rotfl::rotfl:

SteamWake
04-12-07, 06:44 PM
Psssst... the rocks arent real... trust me :oops:

AVGWarhawk
04-12-07, 06:54 PM
Hmmmmm....I bet it was a premature. And everyone said we need more dud and premature torpedoes:shifty:

antiwup
04-12-07, 07:42 PM
Hmmmmm....I bet it was a premature. And everyone said we need more dud and premature torpedoes:shifty:

premature ones suck!! i fired 3 torps at a pair of tankers and 2 where duds and 1 missed i was pissed by the dud ones!

Roads88
04-12-07, 07:58 PM
I had one go in a circle. If i wasn't looking at the outside of the boat, would not have known. It when right over the stern left to right.

The on duty sonar operator is now cleaning the heads.:nope:

NefariousKoel
04-12-07, 10:01 PM
I'd say probably a mine you were sitting right on top of. Or a torpedo with a stuck rudder circling around and hitting you. :dead:

Rilder
04-13-07, 01:44 AM
I'd say probably a mine you were sitting right on top of. Or a torpedo with a stuck rudder circling around and hitting you. :dead:

Sounded like he fired a torpedo and it exploaded right after.

NefariousKoel
04-13-07, 12:44 PM
Sounded like he fired a torpedo and it exploaded right after.

Plankton killer!!!! Plankton killer!!!