PDA

View Full Version : Sound and Speech problems in SH4

Rcsubs
04-12-07, 04:15 PM
Hello All,

I have a few problems with the sound files in SH4, I am sure that all of you know that when you give the order Rudder Amidships you hear Rudder Rudder, then the crew member working the sonar, they must use a standard set of files for this guy because he is constanly calling out warship closing or moving away and then he will call out merchant ship closing or moving away, I can understand him calling out this information except when he starts calling out information about a merchant ship when you are attacking a battle group:nope: , then in the middle of battle one of my crew blows on his whistle and calls out relieve the watch:damn: , seems to me you would not be relieving the watch in the middle of battle running at periscope depth.

Has anyone modified the sound files to correct these problem or even made sound files to replace the exsisting files???:-? :-? It sure would nice to get rid of the Rudder Rudder response, the whistle to relieve the watch in the middle of battle and it sure would be nice to hear the sonar operator say large battle group bearing ### traveling at ##knots.
Maybe someone can tell me how to modify the sound files? If so I will see about fixing the rudder echo and stuff that whistle along with that crew man, nothing like hearing that loud whistle when you have a destroyer closing, your trying to listen to the pinging sounds and setting up a shot:damn: .......

Thanks for your time and help,
Darrell

RickC Sniper
04-12-07, 07:31 PM
Order your crew to battle stations. There will be no relieve the watch until you order them to stand down.

Rick

FAdmiral
04-12-07, 09:54 PM
There has already been some sound mods made for SH4 and they are very
good. Check over at the mods section of this forum to check them out....

JIM