PDA

View Full Version : Patrol Area Size: How Big Is It?

ElAurens
04-12-07, 06:34 AM
As you know the patrol areas in SH4 are defined by a single map co-ordinate, unlike SH3 where we had an "area" to patrol. My question is: How far can we get from the assigned patrol point and still have the mission be fulfilled? And for how long must we be on station? It seems to me that the time at the patrol point varies from mission to mission. Sometimes 24 hours, sometimes more.

In my current patrol I've had USS Grampus (Gar class) sailing around the Patrol Icon for a day and half and the mission is not complete. It also seems that if you get too far away from the point that your time "resets" and you must start it all over, as if you just got on station.

BlackSpot
04-12-07, 06:42 AM
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=111509 :roll:

joea
04-12-07, 06:48 AM
...and if you're too lazy to click :p

Patrol.
This mission requires only that you stay within 100 nautical miles of the objective for 48 hours. You usually get 200 renown points for completing this mission.

Egan
04-12-07, 06:56 AM
I think the patrol area thing is slightly misleading. I think it makes more sense to imagine that you are being assigned a sector within the patrol area rather than the whole of the Soloman islands, for example. the patrol objective sizes are relatively small and you will be assigned different parts of the larger area during a career.

Imagine something along the lines of 'Area 7' in Run Silent Run Deep - Bungo Straights, boys...better be careful..:D

An important thing to remember is that it has to be 48 hours continuously - leaving the are during that time, i think, resets the clock.