PDA

View Full Version : Graphics and Camara View gone Haywire??

William516
04-11-07, 10:26 PM
Well I finally got the microstuttering to go away, for now (shhh shhh theres a gremlin on this sub somewhere) However I have unearthed a new problem one that has plagued me since SH3.

After a period of time the next ship cam, and prev ship cam will go completly nuts. I dont know a better way to explain it but they simply go haywire. The first few times the cam is fine and i can pan, tilt, zoom etc with no problem. Then for some reason the cam with no longer show the object i want to look at, be at approx 45 degree angle and at max height. It will also sometimes drop into the water and begin bouncing up and down. Once this happens the only way for it to be fixed is to start a new mission or shutdown the game and restart it.

I did reenable the buttons for next ship, and prev ship, cam by simply removing the ";" from infront of the commands as found in another thread.

First am i the only one to have this problem or are there other people out there that have the same issue, second is there a fix for this problem. I could use it both in Sh4 and SH3. (Sh3 doesn't do it very often ever since the GWX addon)

My other question is about dusk to dawn transitioning. It appears that my graphics are fine until the time of day begins to change then i get all sorts of jumpy graphics and flashing screen.

Hope someone here has an answer for this one.

William

livewire68
04-11-07, 10:31 PM
"After a period of time the next ship cam, and prev ship cam will go completly nuts. I dont know a better way to explain it but they simply go haywire. The first few times the cam is fine and i can pan, tilt, zoom etc with no problem. Then for some reason the cam with no longer show the object i want to look at, be at approx 45 degree angle and at max height. It will also sometimes drop into the water and begin bouncing up and down. Once this happens the only way for it to be fixed is to start a new mission or shutdown the game and restart it. "

I have also had this happen in both SHIII and SH 4. The only way I have "fixed" it is by saving, and restarting. It seems to happen more often when around harbors for me.

simsurfer
04-11-07, 11:19 PM
Speaking of the camera is there a way so that when you use it you can get closer to the actual ship you are watching as in SH3 you could get right on top of the ship (any ship). In SH4 there is a limit and it is pretty far away from the ship. Any whay to get closer without having to go to the free camera.

Incandescent
04-11-07, 11:22 PM
I too have seen the same Artifacting in both versions.
Its really annoying.

valpospe
04-11-07, 11:40 PM
I asked the same questions a few weeks ago.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=108900

As you can see from the lack of responses it appears that no one knows. :cry:

simsurfer
04-11-07, 11:51 PM
Guess they havent gotten that far yet?