PDA

View Full Version : an observation....

acid001
04-11-07, 12:07 PM
after playing sh4 for 2 weeks,and reading posts all over the forum, i think i may see the problem.
I think what the situation is here is too many cooks in the soup,so to speak.
lesse, we have a big corporate software company trying to make a product that will appeal to a wide demographic population, we have consultants that probably cost money we have rather exited players, modders, sim freaks and casual gamers putting their 2 cents in, we have out of country coders,working on code,and we hve devs trying to put all our wishes and dreams together under a tight deadline.

some of the us technology that take for granted in our computers is not avaliable to other countries due to non export treaties "ie.certain intel chipsets, certain graphics chips,some versions of debugging and compiling software" and may not have been avaliable to coding teams, i say this because of numerable posts that site wildly diffrent ctds and other probems that i personally have not had also i have had one or two issues that i have not seen posted.

anyway the point im trying to make is that so many diffrent sources putting the game together in a shortened time has led to problems in gameplay,immersion factor,and graphics. i also think that maybie the reason we have not heard news on a patch is because people are at work fixing as many problems as they can, instead of sitting on this forum reading about problems that they probably know about by now.

making a game that is visually pleasing to the eye ,easy enough for a beginner to learn,realistic enough for experts to not master in 5 hours, and leave enough code wide open for modders is probably a huge task in my opinion.

so as for me i will play this game as it stands now, i will wait on fixes for issues, a and i will tune it to my prefrence with mods and such
just my opinion

SteamWake
04-11-07, 12:17 PM
Handing Acid a flame resistant suit.

Sailor Steve
04-11-07, 04:38 PM
I don't know; he makes sense to me.:sunny:

SteamWake
04-11-07, 07:51 PM

Me too. Its just I know how the fourums have been rolling as of late.

I have to admit though the "noise" has subsided considerably in a very short period of time.

This is a good thing. :up:

mookiemookie
04-11-07, 07:53 PM

I have to admit though the "noise" has subsided considerably in a very short period of time.

Agreed. Maybe the kids who don't really care about sub sims have gone back to Halo or STALKER or whatever it is they're playing at the moment! :rock:

lo-tek
04-11-07, 08:54 PM

Agreed. Maybe the kids who don't really care about sub sims have gone back to Halo or STALKER or whatever it is they're playing at the moment! :rock:

Hey! Let's don't put down Xbox. I've been a big fan since buying one a year ago. Actually, SH4 is the first PC game I have bought since SH3. I'd actually still be playing SH3 except it doesn't want to run under 64 bit Vista.

I did not like Battlestations Midway on the Xbox though. I'm not sure how it is on a PC.

I think this is my first post since renewing my account. Or I lost my old one or something. Either way, great site and great contributers. I'm glad to be here.