PDA

View Full Version : High demands

Bublegum
04-10-07, 04:08 PM
It seems that the chiefs back at pearl are hard to please...

I got the "search and destroy" mission in East China Sea...

On the way I came across a (allthough wary small) taskforce (1 sub hunter and 2 x destroyers) and a convoy, so the bulk of my load of fish got used even before I got to the patrol area, but nevertheless, this is how it was, when I left.

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/5632/incompleteshsm6.jpg (http://imageshack.us])

In the area I met another smaller convoy, so ALL my torps where gone and I sunk a couple of freighters with the deck gun. Must have spent 2-3 day around the area, and STILL no order for the return home... countless status- and contact reports didn't result in anything....

Do they expect me to use up all my shells and AA ammo and start throwing bananas at the enemy before I can go home or what does it take....

FIREWALL
04-10-07, 04:37 PM
Same thing happens to me. It's another thing that needs to be fixed i guess. In SH-3 when out of fish Bdu has you return to base. Hope next patch has this on it's list.

Kapitan_Phillips
04-10-07, 04:38 PM
Was there an objective marker to go to? You can usually go straight back after you've gone to it.

FIREWALL
04-10-07, 04:52 PM
I finished Bismark sea with over 60'000 tons and 3 fish and complete "orange thingy turns then i'm given new orders and another orange appeared in Bismark sea with only 3 fish left. Got 2 more merchants
and out of fish and complete 2nd mission and still no return to base. :doh:

Quillan
04-10-07, 04:59 PM
What exactly are your mission orders? Word for word, if you can.

mookiemookie
04-10-07, 05:00 PM
Did you send a status report?

Bublegum
04-10-07, 05:05 PM
uhm.... think it was "scout east china sea and attack enemy shipping"... or something wery close to that...

In another game before I patched it to 1.1 (restarted campaign after that), the orange thing turned greyish/white, when began my journey to home base.... wasn't really near it when it changes... but I was low on fuel.... had to run on batteries the last 5-6 miles to midway for a refit, so I could reash pearl.... These missions seme pretty buggy....

Fearless
04-10-07, 05:09 PM
According to the map shown, the objective marker color is still Orange in color. That has to be Greyed out. If you continue patrolling in that area close to the marker, then after some 36 to 48 hrs you should receive the objective completed message.

Quillan
04-10-07, 05:21 PM
There are different objectives. The two of this type I've run across are "Patrol the X" (East China Sea in this case) and "Deploy to X". In the Patrol mission, you have to spend 48 hours within a certain distance of the center of the star (estimate I read was 100 km, or roughly 55 nm) at which point it will grey out. In the Deploy mission, once you get within a certain distance (not sure exactly but was between 50-100 nm) it will grey out instantly giving you a new objective of "Destroy enemy merchant shipping". With the Destroy shipping goal I need about 10k tons of enemy shipping sunk in order to complete it.

In my experience with the Patrol missions, if I sent in a status report after completing it I'd get another Patrol mission in a different spot, unless I was out of torps or low on fuel. With the Deploy mission, once I'd completed the destroy merchant shipping objective I didn't get a new one from a status report.

Bublegum
04-11-07, 01:08 AM
There are different objectives. The two of this type I've run across are "Patrol the X" (East China Sea in this case) and "Deploy to X". In the Patrol mission, you have to spend 48 hours within a certain distance of the center of the star (estimate I read was 100 km, or roughly 55 nm) at which point it will grey out. In the Deploy mission, once you get within a certain distance (not sure exactly but was between 50-100 nm) it will grey out instantly giving you a new objective of "Destroy enemy merchant shipping". With the Destroy shipping goal I need about 10k tons of enemy shipping sunk in order to complete it.

In my experience with the Patrol missions, if I sent in a status report after completing it I'd get another Patrol mission in a different spot, unless I was out of torps or low on fuel. With the Deploy mission, once I'd completed the destroy merchant shipping objective I didn't get a new one from a status report.

Great...

Thanks for the info....