PDA

View Full Version : Noob Question

daemonofdecay
04-10-07, 01:09 PM
I love the SH series, but there's a problem with SH4 that's really crippling to gameplay. Well, 2 actually.

1) The ports on the map never change color, no matter who is in 'control' of them. Tokyo starts out blue, just like Pearl Harbor. It's hard to keep track of who owns what when they're all the same color. I hope this is just a glitch (and not a deliberate design choice), but has anyone else had this problem?

2) No being able to refit/refuel in friendly ports. Except for the ports marked with the anchor, I cannot recieve any fuel to continue my mission. Sailing from Pearl Harbor, I stop over in Midway and then Brisbane with no problems. But going to Darwin or Port Moresby, even if I manual dock within a berth, never givesme the option to refit.

This is very annoying, because my mission to patrol the Celebes Sea (the 3rd time I've had that one . . .) is, at least to my eyes, too far away without a refueling stopover. I don't want to turn off 'Limited Fuel' in the realism settings, but I'm afraid I'll have to. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your time!

-DoD

ssbn627g
04-10-07, 01:25 PM
fuel up where you can, and travel at ahead 1/3

daemonofdecay
04-10-07, 01:32 PM
fuel up where you can, and travel at ahead 1/3

I guess I'll just do that, but it does anoyme that I have to return to my homeport for fuel, and can't get it from any friendly port instead.

The worst part is the map update, though. It's tough to try and remember which ports are enemy (no red, all ports are blue) and which are friendly.

I think I may just do the unlimited fuel option, just to save myself some headaches, and hope for a fix in the next patch.

JDHartman
04-10-07, 03:45 PM
Here is another noob question. How do you complete a mission in SH4?I got to the marked area(first mission,patrol off Honchu island),spent a couple of days,got bored because there were no ships there so i left the area.Went down to around Tokyo harbor,sank 6 merchants then went up north and around Honchu.Came across a convoy, sank only one ship.Now i got 7 torps left in my aft tubes.The mission still says incomplete.

mookiemookie
04-10-07, 03:48 PM
Spend 48 hours patrolling no more than about 100 nm away from the star icon. Send a status report. Those seem to be the triggers.

JDHartman
04-10-07, 03:55 PM
Thanks, i will try.