PDA

View Full Version : CTD Problem

clayp
04-09-07, 10:31 PM
Having a problem and hope someone can help or offer some suggestions..My system seems to run SHI4 fine and at a good fps..But it has started to CTD.Like just now I was on the lifguard patrol looking at the AAA gun and went to click on the bridge icon and it crashed,got the Silent Hunter has encountered a problem yada yada..It also wont play any saved games with out crashing..I have a lot of mods installed,could this be the problem? Is there a list of safe mods? Does anyone have any ideas what the problem could be..Thank you...:damn:

flyingdane
04-09-07, 11:48 PM
CDT happens a lot with this game and the only fix sofar is to save the game often until maby patch 1.2 we hope fixes this issue. :stare:

Grothesj2
04-09-07, 11:51 PM
Your experience may vary. I have had ONE CTD (2 locks ups) in close to 30 hours of play and I think you'll see that many people find it very stable.

clayton
04-09-07, 11:51 PM
Believe it or not, I get this when my computer's to hot! Usually, by leaving my computer on all day and then running SH4 almost continuous. I need to rig my fans better...

Grothesj2
04-09-07, 11:56 PM
Poor ventaltion and over heating often causes crashes. That's a system problem, not a game problem. May want to clean the dust out of your case if it's been a while. May just want to ope it and have a portable fan blowing on it if it overheats a lot.

clayp
04-10-07, 01:17 AM
Poor ventaltion and over heating often causes crashes. That's a system problem, not a game problem. May want to clean the dust out of your case if it's been a while. May just want to ope it and have a portable fan blowing on it if it overheats a lot.

I run with the side cover off and 2 12" fans blowing on it..I dont belive heat is the problem,will run other games all day long...

Fat Bhoy Tim
04-10-07, 01:25 AM

Back about 4 years ago I had a problem with my own machine locking up or crashing, but locking up mostly. Took the side cover off and made sure it had the A/C blowing on it - never happened again :rock: