PDA

View Full Version : Repeat Patrol issue

AVGWarhawk
04-08-07, 08:57 PM
Ok, I finally ran into the repeat patrol deal. My port was Java. I expended all torps and reported. I was never told to go to Java but returned anyway. This is when I got the same patrol. I reload my game before I decided to head home on my own accord. Since the boys at SUBCOM did not tell me to use Java. I motored over to Brisbane. I could refit but not end patrol. I then headed out to Darwin as SUBCOM said the Japanese were operating there. I hung out for two days with no luck. In the meantime, Java had been taken by the Japanese. So me and the WO decide to head that way and hunt. While I'm busy searching, I finally get a new order to head to the South China Sea and patrol.

I believe after two patrols from the same port there are no new orders Therefore you are not told to return to that port after your second patrol. If that is the case then go to another port for a refit and head out to hunt on your own. Apparently SUBCOM listens to your radio messages as two of my men were promoted at sea. Anyway, I received my new order and heading that way. Hopefully after some sinkings and my weapons are exhausted SUBCOM will be kind enough to offer me another home port to end patrol.:roll:

Camaero
04-08-07, 09:00 PM
Hmmm... I could swear that Brisbane was the correct place to go after Java falls?

AVGWarhawk
04-08-07, 09:06 PM
Hmmm... I could swear that Brisbane was the correct place to go after Java falls?

Yes, but I went on my own accord. Java was still open for business but I was not interested in doing the same patrol and besides, SUBCOM did not tell me to go to Java. Kind of like limbo. So me and the boys wanted to see some kangaroos down under and headed to Brisbane. When dad gives you the key to the sub you can go just about anywhere and not get in trouble. I refited and headed out. It was at this time Java went down and I finally was told to go the South China Sea. I suspect there are two different patrols per you home base then it repeats if it is not lost on any one of your two patrols. I do not know the file system on the missions but perhaps a third needs to be added. It is like a time line issue. You are completing your two patrols long before your base falls. Then you get the repeats after you exhausted your first two. At least that is how it looks to me.

perisher
04-08-07, 10:43 PM

Try Freemantle.

Tigrone
04-09-07, 12:18 AM
Try Freemantle.

Fremantle!

AVGWarhawk
04-09-07, 08:13 AM
Freemantle is my next stop. Like I said, Java now lost and I final got orders the South China Sea. I just wonder what port they will assign me to.:hmm: I kind of like the free reign after you completed you missions and SUBCOM does not tell you what port to go too. I get to wander the islands to any port I like.

AVGWarhawk
04-09-07, 03:14 PM
I have found that when using Pearl as your home port, once the repeats start, refit at Midway once, patrol and then career should continue on with other orders.

-Pv-
04-09-07, 05:13 PM
Until HQ tells you to return to port, the mission is always unfinished, so no matter where you go, you have the same mission to complete and you cannot end the mission (you only get refits at port.) Until your mission is fulfilled, you can go anyhwere you want, sink stuff and use up all your torps, but you still won't get recalled to port until all the mission objectives are fulfilled.

I discovered this last night after having expended all my torps I called in with a status report several times as I was patrolling my assigned area. Finally a convoy entered my area close enough for me to intercept it without leaving the area and I got close enough to send a contact report and 15 minutes later, I got the message to leave the contact for "other assets" and return to my assigned port.
-Pv-

AVGWarhawk
04-09-07, 05:26 PM
Until HQ tells you to return to port, the mission is always unfinished, so no matter where you go, you have the same mission to complete and you cannot end the mission (you only get refits at port.) Until your mission is fulfilled, you can go anyhwere you want, sink stuff and use up all your torps, but you still won't get recalled to port until all the mission objectives are fulfilled.

I discovered this last night after having expended all my torps I called in with a status report several times as I was patrolling my assigned area. Finally a convoy entered my area close enough for me to intercept it without leaving the area and I got close enough to send a contact report and 15 minutes later, I got the message to leave the contact for "other assets" and return to my assigned port.
-Pv-

Right! But eventually you get the same mission over and over. Me being me did not want to take pictures of the same harbor again. This was ordered again after 'end patrol' was clicked. So I reloaded my game from the point before going to my assigned port. I radioed in but was never told to go to port. So I decided to sail to Brisbane, Java was my home port. I was able to refit and struck out on my own. After about 3 days of radio contact I finally got a new mission. This only happened after Java was taken. We are trying to figure out why the same patrol over and over. I believe it is a time line thing. Once home port is gone then a new port and new missions. Now if you use Pearl, I understand if you refit at Wake you start getting new missions. Being Pearl never falls to the Japanese I believe the developers handled this aspect by using wake for refit and new missions to follow. I used the same logic with Java by going to Brisbane for refit. It seemed to have worked. Still working on it.:hmm:

Faamecanic
04-09-07, 05:28 PM
I have found that when using Pearl as your home port, once the repeats start, refit at Midway once, patrol and then career should continue on with other orders.

I always refit at Midway on my way out to Japan... and have had nothing but repeat patrols (10 patrols out of pearl, 10 patrols assigned to "patrol off coast of honshu).

AVGWarhawk
04-09-07, 07:33 PM
Well, if all have been following this post. I was order to the South China Sea. This was after refit at Brisbane. Not my home port. I continued to receive new patrol areas all the way up to Luzon. My clipboard was filled to the bottom with new patrol areas to go to. I was finally sunk by a flying boat plane. My mission started in Manila. I'm going to try from PH on this trip.

My recommendations....go to another base other than your home port and refit.

FAdmiral
04-09-07, 07:43 PM
-Pv-

What Other Assets??? This is single player campaign we are playing !! :smug:

JIM

-Pv-
04-09-07, 08:17 PM
"
What Other Assets??? This is single player campaign we are playing !! :smug:"

Just a message simulating what the HQ might actually send. There are no other assets of course, but if within striking range of allied air assets or an Allied task force, they would try to engage the contact. SH3 did this also by sending planes to bomb your reported contacts.
-Pv-

AVGWarhawk
04-09-07, 08:40 PM
I think they are talking about intercontinental ballistic missiles. I could be wrong though;)