PDA

View Full Version : stuck on photo mission

darkhorse
04-08-07, 06:21 PM
Hi, I've been doing a campaign out of PH and I'm supposed to take pictures of ships in Yokohama harbour. I lock the ships in my sights and take the pics. Eventually I take enough pics and HQ radios that I'm done. Then I use the rest of my torps and head back home. The log says mission complete and when I get to PH I dock and load the boat for the next cruise. The problem is that I just get the same patrol again, 3 times now. I've gotten awards for the patrol and promotions for the crew but I end up with the exact same orders again.

Anyone have any ideas?

AVGWarhawk
04-08-07, 06:31 PM
I ran into this today. I never did get the message to return to port. I was out of torps and like any good commander, I headed back to Java. Upon refit I had to go do the same again. I'm thinking that I should have used a different port like Fremantle or Brisbane. Perhaps this is the key to different missions as the program believes you are starting again at your original port so assigns the same mission. Anytime I was directed to go to port I got a different mission. Today was the first time I was not directed to go to port but went to my original port anyway. I got the same mission. I'm going to try a different port and see what happens. Give it a try yourself and see what becomes of it.

GoldenRivet
04-08-07, 06:32 PM
strange... try failing the mission? just start the mission sail out to sea about 100 miles make a u-turn and dock back at pearl. end the mission and see what the next one is - assuming there is a next one

AVGWarhawk
04-08-07, 07:51 PM
Ok, I restarted my game before the refit and getting the same mission. I motored over to Brisbane...friggin haul. I could not end patrol but I could refit. Now, on the way over PAC news said the Japanese were operating off Darwin. So like any good commander, I headed that way to patrol. While enroute, Java was lost to the Japanese. I suspect I will get a message very soon to start using Femantle or Brisbane. Perhaps for lack of different missions in between patrolling and losing your base this is all the developers did. Therefore, I suspect you get the repeat until such a time in the simulated history you lose your port. Now, lets see if I get the message after I report in my sinkings and that I'm out of fish.

I think you have to call the shots sometimes like the commanders did. I know the commander of Wahoo demanded he go back to the Sea of Japan because his first trip was fruitless with dud torps. He was granted this request and if not he probably would have done it anyway. It was Wahoo's last patrol.

So I hunt around Darwin and see what happens:yep:

Faamecanic
04-08-07, 07:55 PM
Hi, I've been doing a campaign out of PH and I'm supposed to take pictures of ships in Yokohama harbour. I lock the ships in my sights and take the pics. Eventually I take enough pics and HQ radios that I'm done. Then I use the rest of my torps and head back home. The log says mission complete and when I get to PH I dock and load the boat for the next cruise. The problem is that I just get the same patrol again, 3 times now. I've gotten awards for the patrol and promotions for the crew but I end up with the exact same orders again.

Anyone have any ideas?

I hear you..... Patrol 10 and IM STILL BEING sent to patrol South of Honshu. Same patrol over and over and over....

Im ready to just bag this career and try starting a new one out of a new port. I just hate to give up my experienced crew, and really wanted to see how far I could make it (end of the war maybe?)

AVGWarhawk
04-08-07, 08:48 PM
I got the repeat mission. Reloaded and decided to go to Brisbane. I could refit but not end patrol. I went back towards Java but it was lost to the Japanese. I finally received a order to patrol the South China Sea. So there is some changes if you head to another base.

davejb
04-08-07, 08:59 PM
You don't have to change base. The missions shouldn't repeat endlessly, but they do repeat quite a lot it would seem - for some people (obviously) they ARE getting the same over and over. I'm on 7th or 8th mission now - got three land the spy jobs, a photo recon, and patrol south of Honshu ever since. Gets rather boring... there's something stuck on the random number generator side I think, but you CAN get a mission change when you just trog back home with empty torp storage.

Faamecanic
04-09-07, 06:33 AM
You mean start a new mission with no torps, start outside of port, and just return back to base? I'll have to try that as I am desperate to get a new mission....

darkhorse
04-09-07, 09:18 AM
Alright, this time I've been reporting to HQ often and I've just come out of Yokohama and reported in and now I've got orders to patrol another area. Hopefully this time I'll get new orders when I get back. I'll let you know in a few hours.

AVGWarhawk
04-09-07, 09:28 AM
I think you basically have two different mission per port. If by chance you finish patrol two and your home port is still operating then you get a repeat until your port falls. At least this is how it looks to me. After my second patrol out of Java I did not want to do it again so I went to Brisbane. Finally Java was taken and I received orders to go the South China Sea. Perhaps there needs to be some more patrol layers added.

wetwarev7
04-09-07, 10:09 AM
I'm surprised I haven't run into this problem yet - I allways have a problem with random stuff like this, when there are only a few possibilities, I allways get the same thing over and over.

Heh, I've been playing the Sims2 since it came out, and every single baby has been female untill last week.:nope:

darkhorse
04-09-07, 11:42 AM
Well that didn't work! I patrolled Honshu ran out of torps got a message to RTB when I want. Sunk 3 more damaged ships with the gun and then went back to PH. And still the same mission!

I've read where it works if your base falls but if PH gets taken I'd assume the game is done?

AVGWarhawk
04-09-07, 12:52 PM
Well that didn't work! I patrolled Honshu ran out of torps got a message to RTB when I want. Sunk 3 more damaged ships with the gun and then went back to PH. And still the same mission!

I've read where it works if your base falls but if PH gets taken I'd assume the game is done?
Not sure. I was only making conjecture on bases that fall. We know PH does not fall. Again, only conjecture that there are only two different missions and it just rotates. I believe the modders are looking into the layers of missions and will find or add something more. Until then, all I can recommend is run on down to Manila/Java/Fremantle/Brisbane after your next leave out of PH. Refit and head out on your own. See what becomes of it. I do know I did this and two crewmen were promoted at sea. I refuse to keep doing the same over and over. I took the helm in my own hands:yep:. When SUBCOM catches up to me they can give me new orders or I continue marauding off the coast of Japan raising hell until they do.

tycho102
04-09-07, 01:08 PM
I think part of it is based on time. I've gotten a lot of recon and insertion missions. My first recon mission repeated twice and I just ignored it and went hunting.

That's all I can say. Just ignore the mission. They are optional, unlike real life. :lol:

AVGWarhawk
04-09-07, 01:32 PM
I think part of it is based on time. I've gotten a lot of recon and insertion missions. My first recon mission repeated twice and I just ignored it and went hunting.

That's all I can say. Just ignore the mission. They are optional, unlike real life. :lol:

Exactly, based on timeline of bases falling...Manila, Java. I did exactly that, carried on my own personal war. Finally got a new place to patrol from SUBCOM. The deal here is PH never fails. I recommend if the repeat comes for the PH commanders to go to another base for refit and start their own patrol. Perhaps a new message will come with new orders. It worked for me.:up: