View Full Version : Questions-Periscope, internal views, free cam
04-07-2007, 06:58 AM
I have just started playing and so far I have a few questions.
How can I raise the magnification and zoom in the periscopes view?
How do I lock the external camera so it tracks my sub and other stuff?
I can't seem to explore the inside of the sub like in SH3 like going into the captains quarters, the radio room and conning towers. How do I do this?
I can't seem to be able to access the diffrent stations from the captian station, like the navigation screen by clicking on the map table, or the torpedo control panel by clicking the weapons panel....Know what I mean? How do I do this?
That's all for now
04-07-2007, 08:16 AM
- Periscope magnification: press tab
- Shift + F2 will allow free roam of control room.
- Click on the hatch above you to go up to the conning tower.
- No other rooms are available, as far as we know. (This has been much discussed.)
- Clicking to manually operate components of the sub has been greatly reduced compared to SH3. (Can't click on the map to go to navigation, for instance.) For almost everything you need to use the yellow user-interface buttons or hotkeys. (Don't worry, you'll get used to it.)
- home/end keys operate the handle when at the sonar station
- F10 gets you to the crew management screen. Clicking the tabs above that screen alternates between crew/ ship overview-damage / torpedo screen
- don't know if you can lock the camera to the sub. Haven't played with the camera too much yet.
1. Press TAB or roll your mouse wheel foreward.
2. I believe the < and > keys.
3. Sadly, there are only two compartments -- the control room and the conning tower. There is no captains quarters or radio room. But you can access the conning tower by either clicking on the hatch above your head in the Control Room, or by pressing F4, F8, or F9.
4. You can't do this with most things. I think the only stations where you can do that are radio and sonar.
Hope that helps,
Edit: Whoops, I guess I was a little too late.
04-07-2007, 10:41 AM
Thanks for all that so far:
More questions, where is the TDC screen that has the torp controls? Is that integrated into the periscope screen now with the fly-outs? I used to rely on watching the torps swim towards their targets on the TDC map and see if they hit or missed in SH3, and I can't seem to find that screen now.
I suppose there is an attack map view? :hmm: (Don't have SH4 yet)
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.