PDA

View Full Version : Audigy 2 LS sound problems

wolverine5
04-06-07, 05:39 PM
Hi, I just got this game today, Im using Audigy 2 LS on win xp.
I have latest drivers. And game was patched to 1.1.
Problems I have are mostly related to surround. like eax was broken. when someone is talking to me directly I dont hear him, but I hear him fine when I look in one direction (inside of boat).
Same with AA guns, I barly hear sound effects of shooting guns.
Anyone else having those problems?

ReallyDedPoet
04-06-07, 05:46 PM
Welcome:up:, no but someone will get this:yep:

akdavis
04-06-07, 08:12 PM
I definitely have the AA issue, but only when the realtime sound travel option is checked. Not sure about the other aspects.

Redwine
04-07-07, 08:14 AM
Are you using 4.1 or 2.1 ?

This game like SH III runs better in 2.1, in 4.1 you loss many sounds. All at your back is lossed.

Try adjusting 2.1 and verify you have the speekers pluged in into the front oulet, not into the rear outlet... (happens to me :oops:)

wolverine5
04-07-07, 08:27 AM
Im using headphones. And they are plugged correctly. Not sure how to adjust any sound options, In SH there are only 3D sound slider (dunno for what), and in windows also dunno how to set it up. Yeah Im noob:P and only this game have problems (Fear had similiar problem when using EAX and hardware sound)

I changed sound config in windows from 5.1 to headphones and looks like it helped:) Thx for help.

akdavis
04-07-07, 10:41 AM
Hmm...have to check the 4.1/2.1 thing. Not sure where to find that, but I assume in the card's settings panel. Also not sure about plugging the speakers into the front. The front of the CPU instead of into the port on the card, I guess?

btw, I'm using an SB Audigy 2 ZS.