PDA

View Full Version : help navigation of sub

nacho32
04-04-07, 12:49 PM
Ok I don't get how to navigate when I look through my parascope and see a boat and look at the lines and numbers how do i point in that direction ?
total confused. like boat i see 130 through parascope. How do I navigate ship straight on to what parascopes sees?
seems really high learnning curve.

thanks Jeff

ReallyDedPoet
04-04-07, 12:53 PM
The easy way:yep: Navigate with the Nav map, then Attack Map, once you get in a better position , switch back to the Attack Periscope.

The hard way\realistic way, somebody will answer that.

04-04-07, 12:59 PM
The bearings to targets is relative to your ship. 000 degress is in front, 180 is behind. Anything that is "true" is relative to your submarine and the planet. 000 is north, 180 is south. What gets me confused is when you try to use the tools in navigation map. Theyre all mirrored and dont reflect your true or relative bearings. You have to do a little addition or subtraction when you want a course change based on those tools, ie. the protractor.

edit: those lines and numbers are the relative bearings to your submarine. If you goto 180 degrees and pan down you'll see the after part of your boat, for example.

nacho32
04-04-07, 03:03 PM
The easy way:yep: Navigate with the Nav map, then Attack Map, once you get in a better position , switch back to the Attack Periscope.

The hard way\realistic way, somebody will answer that.

If i see somthing in my scope does it automaticlly aim in that dirrection? of where my scope is pointed?

Kweli
04-04-07, 03:06 PM
Normally if you get a green or yellow arrow your torpedo's will go in that direction (even if you arent facing straight for it) -> IF you have the realism for torpedos lower...

I use my map to change directions.. but this is something im struggling with too

AVGWarhawk
04-04-07, 03:09 PM
OK, men. If I have a target off in the distance and I see it in my scope. I hit the +/= key. Your navigation man will change course to where you are looking. Easier than flipping to map. I use the map when I can not see the target. Lay a course to it until it is in visual range. Then I switch to maneuvers using the =/+ key on the keyboard. Sometimes I use the rudder dial.

Seadogs
04-04-07, 03:16 PM
You just need to get your bearings straight.:yep:

The numbers you see in periscope, binoc's etc. are relative bearings. As in realative to your current heading. Starting at 000 it counts up to 359 counter clockwise around your ship.
000 is straight ahead.
090 is straight right (starboard)
180 is straight behind.
270 is straight left (port)

Now look at your compass wheel in the lower right of the toolbar. The very top of the circle will have the direction that you are currently heading (000 relative). Click on the bottom and you will turn to what was 180 relative at the time you clicked it.

So to answer you question, to turn towards something thats 130 relative from your ship. you should click somewhere in the lower right hand corner of your navigation compass.

nacho32
04-05-07, 09:25 AM
thanks guys for the response's it helped alot
thanks again:D
one more newb qestion how do you pull up map?

Platapus
04-05-07, 09:49 AM
To pull up the map click on the little two point divider icon in the lower left of the screen (where the other action buttons are) I think it is the second from the left

It will open up a sub menu where you can choose between navigation and attack maps. If you double click on the two point divider it will open up the nav map directly.

Hope this helped