PDA

View Full Version : Ship speed calculator

Simets
04-04-07, 05:41 AM
Hi. I created a little calculator in Microsoft excel that could help about speed estimation. Basicaly, you have to determine AOB, then use the stop watch and notice the change of the targets bearing in time (I usually measure in what time did the bearing of the target change for 5 degrees). AFTER that you quickly determine range (I repeat, you determine range at the end of this measuring, and AOB in the begining), then input those values, and you have your speed :yep:
I would like you to try and test this calculator, and tell me your impressions. I would be very happy if my "program" may be of use to you people :D.
Cheers

This is the program's location:

http://files.filefront.com//;7129850;;/

P.S. I still have SH4 without patches so my program is in metric sistem. That is fine by me BTW. If there are people that are interested in this, I could make "imperial" version of it.

Castout
04-04-07, 05:48 AM
Nice application. Now if only i could use it during gameplay without Alt-tabbing we all could discard further chronometer patches from UBI.

Simets
04-04-07, 05:52 AM
Nice application. Now if only i could use it during gameplay without Alt-tabbing we all could discard further chronometer patches from UBI.

Yeah, well :cry: I'm just a student of medicine. This was the only way I could do it. Personally, I don't have problem with ALT-TABing, but that is a pain in the ass I guess :). But if you have a laptop... Sky is the limit :arrgh!:

Anyway, thanks man :up:

Simets
04-04-07, 07:01 AM
Ok, here it is with imperial measurement units.

http://files.filefront.com//;7130547;/

Cheers.

joea
04-04-07, 09:30 AM
Great got both!

Simets
04-04-07, 11:55 AM
Great got both!

Great. If you use it I hope you'll post some feedback. Does it feel accurate etc.

Theoreticaly (and mathemathicaly) it should be (and it is) accurate, but of course it heavily depends on player's AOB and range estimation, thus it doesn't reduce realism. Of course, if player's estimation of AOB amd range is bad, the speed estimation will also be bad. Pretty real, isn't it? :know: