PDA

View Full Version : Strange behavior of sub

Thaine
04-03-07, 02:36 AM
I was out there cruising in the Lazon Strait as i first realised, that my crew on duty was sleeping.

But i had no problems with that, everything was working fine. And after i woke them with the battlestation sirene, they were awake once again.

After a while a more serious problem ocoured. I could not dive anymore. The bow of my sub wasnot going down. So i hang in the water with the bow crushing through the surface as a sinking ship. I checked the damage controll screen and could not find anything, except the deck gun, which seems to be damaged all the time. Like that i was a perfect target for all the planes, passing by every two minutes.
Finally i was sunk by one of those.

The question now, is this a bug or is it meant like that.

AVGWarhawk
04-03-07, 07:41 AM
That sounds ugly. First I heard of this issue. Anyone?

fair_weather
04-03-07, 07:47 AM
Nope, however I have noticed that the day/night cycle gets messed up around April 1942 (sun doesn't set until 10-11pm). Nothing too big...it's just odd...

Trip
04-03-07, 07:53 AM
Nope, however I have noticed that the day/night cycle gets messed up around April 1942 (sun doesn't set until 10-11pm). Nothing too big...it's just odd...

I think that's because your clock shows time at your home port and you've travelled west into a different time zone. There doesn't seem to be a way of getting local time and this is a 'known issue'.

Trip

fair_weather
04-03-07, 08:12 AM
Ah, makes sense...however it's a bit odd...thanks for the heads up:up:

rman214
04-08-07, 10:24 AM
Yeah, it happened to me on patrol. The sub would not answer commands...turns out the majority of the crew had "ZZZZ's" next to them and most stations did not have a green bar in the status box. There should be enough crew to allow sleep to crewmembers not on watch. This could lead to very dangerous consequences:arrgh!: :arrgh!:

AVGWarhawk
04-08-07, 10:27 AM
Very odd indeed. I have not experience this yet. I wonder if sometimes battle stations relief does not work sometimes making your crew take a long nap because the game thinks they are still on battle stations.:hmm:

Mush Martin
04-08-07, 10:28 AM
Pump ballast forward oh thats real world sorry guys I have no idea
on this one. reload?