PDA

View Full Version : Recognition Manual - what's the verdict?

flyinj
03-29-07, 04:20 PM
My collector's editon from the UK finally arrived today. This is the non-super collector's edition, which comes with a recognition manual in book form instead of poster form. I noticed that all the measurements in the manual are in metric. Is setting the simulation to metric units buggy? Is there any disadvantage to doing so?

I've read that there are discrepencies between what the recognition guide/recognition poster have for ship sizes and top speeds. Which is the most accurate to use for setting up the TDC? The in-game recognition manual, the poster recognition, or the UK collector's edition book recognition guide?

As a sidenote, the map you get in the UK collector's edition is much smaller than the one you get in the US normal edition. Also, the manual is a bit easier to read in the UK CE. The US one printed the pages far too close to the binding.

akdavis
03-29-07, 04:30 PM
Use the in-game RM. The thing that comes with the collector's edition is crap. Not even done in proper recognition profile format. I think it is just the images they had intended to put up for promo material at the website put into a booklet form. Certainly the info and images is exactly the same in the CE booklet as what was put up on the Japanese merchants at the official website.

Also, it is just poorly done, with some entries duplicated on the facing page, etc.