PDA

View Full Version : Visual Sigthing Bearing

rfbranch
03-28-07, 02:12 PM
Hello all!

Sorry if this was asked elsewhere, but I didn't turn up anything when I searched. I noticed that my crew will report a "visual sighthing" but not give me a bearing, so I end up sitting there turning my head looking for it.

I am playing a career on highest difficulty, but I would assume my watch will still give me a bearing. They don't give anything but a "ship sighted" aural cue, and the text only says the same thing.

Let me know if I'm missing something? Let me know.

Thanks!

~rb

AVGWarhawk
03-28-07, 02:22 PM
My guys give bearing. It is also printed up in the text message. Is yours not there? I play in the hard set up with only the outside view unchecked.

rfbranch
03-28-07, 02:38 PM
There wasn't anything in my text box, but I will reconfirm when I get home tonight. I assumed it would function more or less like SH3, but this really caught me as odd.

I have realism at 100% (if that is the case why do we have an idea of easy-medium-hard on the career selection? I'm at the highest setting if it matters) but I can't imagine that is causing the issues.

I will check again, but as a SH3 guy, I would have thought i would see it. The same went for A/C sightings for that matter. I don't get a bearing from my watch crew but only an "aircraft sighted!" message.

I will post either way when I get home.

Thanks for the reply

~rb

3dcrazy
03-28-07, 03:50 PM
yeah my guys will give me a bearing and range to target for example they should say

Enemy ship spotted bearing 120 Long range
Enemy ship spotted bearing 180 medium range

Etc..

rfbranch
03-28-07, 06:27 PM
Now I see the issue. There is a looping "ship spotted" file playing from time to time along with the associated text looping as well which *I think* is an already reported bug.

thanks for the help guys.