PDA

View Full Version : Bad AI modeling

nattydread
03-28-07, 01:55 PM
On my first mission i bumped into a Task Force literally parked off the Phillipine coast. Every know and then a ship fires up and does 1 lazy patrol circuit amoungst the group.

They sitting there about 12nm off the coast, I sneak in at night on my way to dropping off supplies and sink 3 CLs. I leave to drop off the supplies and head back too Manila to see the same Task force still parked in the same place a few days after I first sighted it, with the same small freighter on fire and the group still snoozing with the occasional single lazy patrol ship.

So not only didnt the Task Force get the smart idea to wake eveybody up and start moving after I picked off 3 ships...just so I'd have a harder time sinking more. They decided to make it a holiday and spend a few more days snoozing in the same spot.

Dude! c'mon...get that Task Force to leave, change station, disperse, go home...do something, not just be my own personal fish in a barrel. Lucky for them my periscopes failed beyond repair, I'd put my last 2 fish into the heavy cruisers I missed seeing the first night I passed through.

EDIT: Ok I checked the location of the Task Force agaisnt my first sighting...in 3 days it traveled NE for a total of 20nm...I stand corrected.