PDA

View Full Version : SO, how do I get sonar and radar to work?

Seaweed
03-28-07, 12:44 PM
Do I have to have "manual targeting" selected in the difficulties settings before I can manually use it?

rdhiggins
03-28-07, 12:50 PM
To use the SONAR you just use the HOME/END buttons on your keyboard.

As far as the RADAR I have no clue. IMHO I believe it is broke. I try clicking on the ON/OFF switch which does nothing. I try HOME/END and again nada.... :damn:

AVGWarhawk
03-28-07, 01:01 PM
You have to have a sub that is equiped with it. Earlier subs did not have them but the station is still there. late war you can have the radar and the station will work.

rdhiggins
03-28-07, 01:13 PM
That would explain then why the radar does not work. Man it would have been so much easier if the devs would have simply hidden the radar.

However I am glad to know why the RADAR does not work.

Thanks!

Iron Budokan
03-28-07, 01:28 PM
Well, the game sure as heck charged my renown for a radar set on my Gar boat in '41 and I still can't turn it on. :damn:

Werewolf13
03-28-07, 02:43 PM
The sub I'm running has SD radar but I can't make it work from the station. SD used the A scope display.

Still get the radar contact messages but when I go to the station clicking on the on/off button has no effect and there's never an A scope display no matter what I do.

????????????

donw
03-28-07, 02:46 PM
Well, the game sure as heck charged my renown for a radar set on my Gar boat in '41 and I still can't turn it on. :damn:

Think I read somewhere you have to send in that little warranty card... then they mail you a software key :arrgh!:

Drebbel
03-28-07, 04:49 PM
Just check this thread, it links to Onkel Neal his great tutorial !

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=108931

DarkShip
03-28-07, 05:14 PM
Anybody knows where is that %µ!#&! hydrophone volume?:damn:
It's mentionned in the manual and in the Commands.cfg file ([Cmd146]).

Or is it just one amongst the long list of forgotten/unworking commands...

DS

Marko
03-28-07, 07:25 PM

DS

Also what is "Warning Light" mentioned too , warning of what?

Georg_Unterberg
03-29-07, 01:05 PM

DS

I second that question: Where's the hydrophone volume switch?
My guess is that it has been forgotten - the key command for hydrophone volume also doesn't work.

Ansirial
03-30-07, 11:48 AM
I read "Radar, Sonar explained" because the SD radar I installed doesn't work in his station... I can't turn it on! but during the patrol i receive notification about radar contacts. How can I turn it on manually?

Bl@ckVoid
03-30-07, 05:53 PM
I read "Radar, Sonar explained" because the SD radar I installed doesn't work in his station... I can't turn it on! but during the patrol i receive notification about radar contacts. How can I turn it on manually?

I had the same problem. Was caught by EA number of times on the surface. Was getting surface contacts but no air contacts. Next mission i installed SJ radar. SD radar started to work on EA.