PDA

View Full Version : Using manual TDC with multiple targets

Galanti
03-28-07, 09:32 AM
Hey guys,

I'm taking the plunge into manual TDC and am wondering how you deal with multple targets typically. The TDC doesn't seem to remember solutions for different targets so is it a case of repeating the process everytime you shift fire to a new target?

I imagine making notes on the map would assist in some way, but I'm sure the Dick O'Kanes and Eugene Fluckeys out there have some wizard's tricks left over from SH3?

Torcher
03-28-07, 09:57 AM
I ran into a multiple target situation with 2 merchants. Fortunately, they were one after the other about 6 boat lengths apart, on the same course.

I targeted the lead with 2 torps on slow, fired, then disengaged the tracker button on the TDC and moved to 2nd ship. Speed was the same so just some minor adjustments to range and AOB but switched to high speed on the next 2 torps and fired.

I figured the speed variance would have the torps hit there target relatively close together.

Ha! The "no high speed torp" bug screwed the pooch. The first ship was disabled but the second set of torps were too slow and the 2nd ship went evasive.

Multiple targeting is not automatic but can be done if you're quick enough.

DJSatane
03-28-07, 10:02 AM
TDC doesnt seem to remember ships you identified either, even if you move periscope off a ship for a second after identifying, on the attack map it will stay unknown and if you try to get proper range again you have to go through ship recognition and click check all over....again.... In addition the manual always opens on the same darn ship, i wish it would open on the ship you closed it on.... very very annoying and time consuming.

Krupp
03-28-07, 10:19 AM
TDC doesnt seem to remember ships you identified either, even if you move periscope off a ship for a second after identifying, on the attack map it will stay unknown and if you try to get proper range again you have to go through ship recognition and click check all over....again.... In addition the manual always opens on the same darn ship, i wish it would open on the ship you closed it on.... very very annoying and time consuming.

I found this to extremely annoying, so I changed from the contacts.cfg this line:

Decay Time For Precise Sensor Contacts=180

Originally, time was 60. Now I don't have to frequently fiddle throught the ID book.

Mav87th
03-28-07, 12:48 PM

Thats NOT what im experiencing. To me THAT part of SH4 works flawlessly...:doh:

The manual is another thing. It would be nice if it opened on the same page it was on if you use the icon to remove it. :hmm:

NefariousKoel
03-28-07, 02:20 PM
I found this to extremely annoying, so I changed from the contacts.cfg this line:

Decay Time For Precise Sensor Contacts=180

Originally, time was 60. Now I don't have to frequently fiddle throught the ID book.

I'll have to mod that. Thanks!