PDA

View Full Version : Where's the Japanese Midway Task Force?

metrocube
03-27-07, 10:48 PM
So, in the dynamic campaign, it's about time for the Japanese to launch their attack on Midway, but I can't find their task force. I get the "Japanese Forces are steaming towards Midway, all hands assist" radio message, and I get the "Major naval operations underway in Midway" message too, but I can't find these Japanese ships anywhere.

I'm patrolling ENE and NE of Midway but no joy. I get air attacks so I know there is a CV group somewhere, but I can never locate the actual CV gropu.

Does anyone have a long./.lat coordinate and a time where I can find the carrier group? I wanna make my mark on history.

walsh2509
03-27-07, 11:02 PM
why not try the quick mission Midway, I am not sure on this but its position in the quick mission, would that not be where it was during the real battle. If so, then you would think that in the campaign, the Japanese task force would be in the same loction was the one in the Ouick Mission. But with this sim ,you never know!

But its worth a try.

ccruner13
03-28-07, 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccruner13
isee your sn in the easter egg forum hanging around midway early june. did you see any japs or did the battle of midway only get reported to you late on the 4th with no signs of life?

lol this is a HUGE HUGE BUG, i saved earlier in june 1st of 1942, and what happened was there was no jap fleet i patrolled and reloaded countless times, then i thought screw this, i quit and i opened battleofmidway campaign file in the campaign folder, and what i saw was, the main fleets with the carriers, they head towards midway on JANUARY 1942, and they do the waypoints head back to japan and just dissapear... major historical innacuracy there. so unfortunately you will only find the US fleet, not the japanese fleet. hopefully this will be fixxed:up:

But its worth a try.

dont waste your time? unless walsh did you find them?

you can open it up in the mission editor i just did but i had no idea how to work any of it find times etc. alot of dates in the capaign.cfg in the campaign folder seem off aswell? some reason there are start dates in 1938? i dnno i dun get it

oh ka so i atleast figured out how to play it. yamamoto gets back to japan in januaray '42 nagumo gets to midway jan 3 42 and is on his way out the 5th yamamoto is on his way in the 5th and is back out that same day, kondo is in and out june 6 4pm before uscv 1 and 2 get there. tanaka and kurita get there roughly midnight/1 am june 6 also before the us fleets show up. so. no conflict afaict. maybe they get within airstrike of each other and theyll move off their waypoints alittle to engage? i dunno how that works or how the campaign uses the mission file but it seems its busted. im gonna look at some of the other major battles to see how those line up