PDA

View Full Version : [REQ] Change "flotilla" to "squadron" or "division"

Zero Niner
03-27-07, 07:54 PM
I was browsing the menu.txt file when I came across this entry:

5823=You have been offered a desk job, to command the entire flotilla. Do you accept?
Flotilla is a German organisational element. For US subs in the Pacific, they used squadrons and divisions. 6 boats would be assigned to a squadron, and 2 squadrons would make a division.

I know this is a small matter, and hardly noticeable, but in the interests of historical accuracy I'm hoping that one of the mod teams will pick it up and correct this.

Beery
03-27-07, 08:53 PM
The file that governs these messages is the one that, in SH3, was probably the most often changed by the devs in official patches. If the game is as horribly researched as SH3 was this file will probably need fifty or more alterations. Once the game has settled down (after a couple more patches) I'll attempt to fix all the bad English and wrong nomenclature in this file. Probably others will try before I get to it though, but adjusting modifications to this file whenever the devs patch it is a HUGE pain in the butt.

In the meantime if it's bothersome, players can just edit the file's text.

LukeFF
03-27-07, 09:22 PM
Probably others will try before I get to it though, but adjusting modifications to this file whenever the devs patch it is a HUGE pain in the butt.

I'm working on correcting it, but I will refrain from doing a complete overhaul of it until the final patch has been released. Otherwise, yes, a lot of work needs to be done with this file.

nimitstexan
03-28-07, 09:02 PM
What file is it?

Beery
03-28-07, 09:29 PM
What file is it?

Data\Menu\menu.txt