PDA

View Full Version : Japanese Carrier Near Midway

walsh2509
03-27-07, 03:25 PM
Japanese Carrier Near Midway

I was go to Japan on a photo recon mission, I came out of MW after refueling and was attacked by a Kate, my AA gunner shot it down. But I had marked where it came from and heading that way. Not long after another 2 planes appeared 1 just flew in a wide circle but the other came in closer, my AA gunner damaged it and it and the other flew back in the direction they came from and I watched these contacts slow to a stop and disappear.

I Marked the spot and headed that way, I have yet to come close to a surface contact and they keep fling plane as me. I ran out of AA shells and have given up the chase...

But just in case some else get the same mission and are off Midway 8th Aug 42 local time 12:55. I don't know if its the same in all careers or its just random placement of these ships?
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s48/mefw/SH4/SH4Img27-3-2007_19.jpg
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s48/mefw/SH4/SH4Img27-3-2007_19-1.jpg

tater
03-27-07, 03:35 PM
Is there a file to configure the possible ways you'd ever see certain types of ships? A fleet CV just would not be alone. 2 would be a minimum unit for the IJN CVs, with loads of other ships around. I've noticed in general the random encounters just seem screwy. It's as if there is just some % chance of a "task force" being created within some region of random X ships of various types. That might do for small groups of ships, but for capital ships it's just crazy.

malkuth74
03-27-07, 06:15 PM
Alright guys.. Listen the planes are not dynamic in the game. They do not come from anywhere. Its a scripted event to give you a hard time (and its way over the top).

Now one of the config files that contains this data gives most airbases 2500 KM range. Thats way over 1200 Miles (one way not divided) all the file does is check to make sure you are in range of any base. And you are if your in early part of the war.

The base that is hitting Midway is WAKE.

I edited the file and have pretty much made air attacks realistic to the time. You still have to travel under water during daytime near Jap bases but its not overboard.

What happens is the File will place the plane (it doesn't have to face a certain direction it can come from anywhre) near you and it will attack. If your spotted by something IE merchant the chance for attack with Vanille goes up to 40%. If you use radio it goes to 35% etc.

And yes aircraft carriers do count as a base. But whats attacking you at midway is the wake base.