PDA

View Full Version : Everyone, I have a request regarding Tweak File.. requests

nvdrifter
03-27-07, 09:47 AM
Everyone, I have a request regarding Tweak Files... requests.

Please stop making requests from modders to make large amounts of new tweak files. It can be very time consuming. Those requesting tweak files... please help out and make new ones yourselves, then share them with us. I am seeing a lot of posts requesting new tweak files, but few people actually offering to help make them. A very few people here are doing all the work making tweak files so other people can release mods (with no mention of who made the tweak files). If you don't know how to make them, learn. That is what I did. I taught myself. It isn't that complicated and it will really help everyone out. This isn't a rant post. I know a lot of you here do appreciate when we release new tweak files. But some people making big requests for new tweak files maybe don't understand how much time it can take to make these new files. I am only one person and I can only do so much. We need all the help we can get. Thank you. :D

ref
03-27-07, 09:58 AM
:rock: :rock: :rock:

Ref

Balu0
03-27-07, 11:05 AM
Ok

I know this is for me.. sorry about the request...

I say it the other way.. I'm hunting for a bug, thats way I need tweak files for the Conning towers.

I'm not a programmer, I can't do them myself. I'm realy new to this forums, and new to subsims. I'm not a modder, but there is this bug that keep killing my fun in this great game. I saw a lot of ppl trying to fix things.. I tought I will give it a try.. hell those are all text files, I can read them... BUT than I hit those sim and zon files heading towards the couse of the crew killing bug.

Thx to your great work I was able to open a lot of those files but not the ones I realy needed.

I saw ppl asking for different tweak files from you, and you respond nicely with a download link...
Cool, I tought and tryed the same... obviously it was a mistake... sry

SH4 back to the shelf, I wait for someone else to fix it, or for you to release some more tweak files, so I can search some more. (my original assuption was that you will do it for all the files in SH4 anyway and the requests are just changeing your priority list...)

Sry again

nvdrifter
03-27-07, 12:03 PM
Ok

I know this is for me.. sorry about the request...

I say it the other way.. I'm hunting for a bug, thats way I need tweak files for the Conning towers.

I'm not a programmer, I can't do them myself. I'm realy new to this forums, and new to subsims. I'm not a modder, but there is this bug that keep killing my fun in this great game. I saw a lot of ppl trying to fix things.. I tought I will give it a try.. hell those are all text files, I can read them... BUT than I hit those sim and zon files heading towards the couse of the crew killing bug.

Thx to your great work I was able to open a lot of those files but not the ones I realy needed.

I saw ppl asking for different tweak files from you, and you respond nicely with a download link...
Cool, I tought and tryed the same... obviously it was a mistake... sry

SH4 back to the shelf, I wait for someone else to fix it, or for you to release some more tweak files, so I can search some more. (my original assuption was that you will do it for all the files in SH4 anyway and the requests are just changeing your priority list...)

Sry again

No no no. Not you specifically. There have been a number of posts asking for new tweak files. Not just you. ;)

Schlageter-JG26
03-27-07, 02:15 PM
What have you been working on lately?

I spent another few days fiddling around trying to get the DGun ammo upped, but no success. I got my crew to stop dying, got some of the crew local skills to work but not others, fiddled with detection ranges a bit and mostly tried to figure out if my repair crew really works or not and if there is a way to fix them.

Started messing with Torp loadout on the subs, this seems easier to mod than I thought and may not have the same "physical" restrictions we ran into with SH3 in the Torpedo window. Will find out tonight/tomorrow.

The stuff I really WANT to mod might be beyond my ability to tweak the values in the available files... that is, it might need someone more skilled in programming or hex editing. These are mostly game functions and realism mods, but I won't post it on this thread.... cuz you're right, it takes a lot of time and effort and we shouldn't bug the mod guys when, in fact, the Devs should fix what's broken. :huh::doh::rotfl:

Roadsweeper
03-27-07, 02:56 PM
What have you been working on lately?

I spent another few days fiddling around trying to get the DGun ammo upped, but no success. I got my crew to stop dying, got some of the crew local skills to work but not others, fiddled with detection ranges a bit and mostly tried to figure out if my repair crew really works or not and if there is a way to fix them.

Started messing with Torp loadout on the subs, this seems easier to mod than I thought and may not have the same "physical" restrictions we ran into with SH3 in the Torpedo window. Will find out tonight/tomorrow.

The stuff I really WANT to mod might be beyond my ability to tweak the values in the available files... that is, it might need someone more skilled in programming or hex editing. These are mostly game functions and realism mods, but I won't post it on this thread.... cuz you're right, it takes a lot of time and effort and we shouldn't bug the mod guys when, in fact, the Devs should fix what's broken. :huh::doh::rotfl:

Yeah Ive been trying to do the same with no sucess. I have found the magazine values for the weapons, but that seems to make no effect (and wouldnt efffect the deck gun anyways, as u want it to have a magazine of 1), but I cannot find the values for the total ammount of ammo carried per sub, doesnt seem to be in the new UPC data files.

Where have you found the torp loadout?? I found the initial values for setting the physical placement and zones of the tubes etc, bit not how many reserve slots each sub carries... care to extend your info a bit further please??

Balu0
03-27-07, 03:38 PM
I got my crew to stop dying, got some of the crew local skills to work but not others,

How how how ?? tell me pretty pliiiz ! :p

BTW about repairing.. just try this: Get your deck gun or AA damaged.. then remove the crew from thir slots... than asign a Damage control tem, make them work on the gun on the damage control screen...

For me nothing.. they will nevere evere even start to repair it...

If you put someone into the slot, the gun get repaired after some time..

I think the guys in their slots doing all the repairs everywhere and not the DC team.

I could be wrong, but this is what I observed..

I need to try this with the other parts of the ship... but hard to get it damaged the right way...
I will try a test with a flooding torpedo room, no crew in them but full, best skilled DC team.. and wait to see what happen...

CCIP
03-27-07, 04:21 PM
Eh, it's up to you really. There certainly are things we wish for, and I hope those that REALLY want them will do it themselves.

I don't really have much time in the next few weaks, so... perhaps someone will figure out that Torpedoes_US.sim file before then. I'm quite lost in it.

But you're right, it's a volunteer assignment. So no pressure!