PDA

View Full Version : Diving time

darkfin
03-27-07, 08:48 AM
Hi,

I'm on my first patrol from PH in a gar boat. When I order dive it takes over 1 minute to get submerged. Is / was this the way it really should be. I thought my IX boats were slow but man the are speed demons compared to this. Long range radar contacts ain't long enough! :doh:

Sgian Dubh
03-27-07, 08:52 AM
Hi,

I'm on my first patrol from PH in a gar boat. When I order dive it takes over 1 minute to get submerged. Is / was this the way it really should be. I thought my IX boats were slow but man the are speed demons compared to this. Long range radar contacts ain't long enough! :doh:

I agree that especially for plane the detection range need to be greater. If you think A/C may be a problem, try running with deck-awash. If I am in 'Meters' units I have been able to do this, if I switch to Imperial units I cannot seem to find the 'sweet-spot' on the depth dial to allow this.

NoLine
03-27-07, 09:27 AM
take the old s boat, it submerges in a wapping 15 seconds :-?

NoLine

Hans Schultz
03-27-07, 09:38 AM
the US fleet sumbarines were large vessels, so it takes them a while to get under.

darkfin
03-27-07, 09:38 AM
[quote=NoLine]take the old s boat, it submerges in a wapping 15 seconds :-?

Now that's my kind of diving time! Is that minute plus time actually correct?

macky
03-27-07, 09:43 AM
I noticed this in the gar class. Takes ages to submerge, but coming back up is always a lot quicker than sh3 I think:-?

vodkavera
03-27-07, 09:46 AM
Me and my friend tried the Salmon class.
It took 1min 40sec when you pushed the "D" button to fully submerged.
When you orderd a craschdive it took about 35 sec!!! Not that bad for a large fleetboat. I Think the German IX-B took 30-35sec. to craschdive.

/VV