PDA

View Full Version : Crew members and oxygen

Drokkon
03-26-07, 11:25 PM
My question is. If I have fewer crew members can I stay submerged longer?

I noticed that with a full crew I can only stay down about 5 hours before using up my oxygen. I'm going to experiment tonight. I was just wondering if some one already knows before I test this saving me some time.

Biggs[CV]
03-26-07, 11:39 PM
My question is. If I have fewer crew members can I stay submerged longer?

I noticed that with a full crew I can only stay down about 5 hours before using up my oxygen. I'm going to experiment tonight. I was just wondering if some one already knows before I test this saving me some time.

Yea they use up the O2 really fast. 5 hours is about what my crew lasts. In reality they could stay submerged considerably longer.

Rilder
03-26-07, 11:45 PM
Really? what boat are you using? I can stay under for days, with a full crew too.. :o

Drokkon
03-27-07, 12:10 AM
Ok whats happening is anytime I surface some stupid officer informs me we must surface for oxygen. My CO2 level wasn't even a quarter of the breathable air after 16 hours. My batteries were really low at 1/3 for 6 hours. I guess I'm trusting the canned statements on my comp too much.

glen689
03-27-07, 12:31 AM
I have had the same problem with the CE notifying me that we are low on o2 upon surfacing. Think this is a bug, as I still have plenty of o2 showing on the meter. It does not seem to matter how long I have been under, I almost always get the message upon surfacing. I have not had any dead crewman yet because of how long I have been under (longest was 22 hours so far). Now the air attacks from staying on the surface, that is a different story!

-Pv-
03-27-07, 12:32 AM
"Really? what boat are you using? I can stay under for days, with a full crew too.. :o"

"Ok whats happening is anytime I surface some stupid officer informs me we must surface for oxygen. My CO2 level wasn't even a quarter of the breathable air after 16 hours. My batteries were really low at 1/3 for 6 hours. I guess I'm trusting the canned statements on my comp too much."

Ignore that statement. Trust the gauge. The text statement you get on surfacing is triggered by your pressure tanks getting replenished. They coded the wrong statement.

You can stay under a very very long time. Usually long enough to creep away from a hunt or outlast a storm. When you do come up, it takes a very short time to recharge the air (compared to battery.)

The battery also can last a long time (at one knot) possibly a day or more.
At All Stop the battery will last indefinately, but you begin to lose depth control after a while.

You actually have a full crew all the time, they're just not all active. I wouldn't suggest leaving port with a partial crew. You need all those guys especially if some of them die.
The less crew you have the more tired the others get.

-Pv-

nikimcbee
03-27-07, 12:46 AM
I have the same problem. I'm using an S-boat. It runs out of air fast, at times it seems.

rdhiggins
03-27-07, 02:00 AM
How do you rest the crew during a mission? For some wonderful reason my entire crew fell asleep???

Thanks!

:D

Mud
03-27-07, 02:14 AM
How do you rest the crew during a mission? For some wonderful reason my entire crew fell asleep???

Thanks!

:D

On battlestations ?

Mud