PDA

View Full Version : 1280x720 Native WS Resolution is missing

Gumbas
03-26-07, 11:03 PM
Hello all!

The biggest disappointment for me is that there is no support for the native 1280x720 resolution in the game. Why the developers does not realize that more and more people are using 50' WS TV to play the games? And yes this is the only "decent" resolution I can have on my Samsung DLP......:nope: I mean how much more work it is to include the true native WS resolution in the game? :down:

NefariousKoel
03-26-07, 11:41 PM
So....

Is that TV Progressive Scan or Interlaced?

All facetiousness aside, many new games only recently started supporting Widescreen LCD monitors. That's why I'll probably stick with the 'ole 4:3 ratio especially since Nvidia's drivers can't seem to only display the normal 4:3 area as they're supposed to.

Hell, I should just buy a stinking CRT and ditch the LCD idea with this new-fangled "native resolution". The only draw for LCDs is the brightness issue. Like at night in SH3 on a CRT. The only bad thing about them.

Tigrone
03-27-07, 12:21 AM
I playing it in 1280 x 800 native resolution, and it runs perfectly? Sorry, I don't know if that is relevent or not. The install recognized my resolution automatically.

NefariousKoel
03-27-07, 02:42 AM
I playing it in 1280 x 800 native resolution, and it runs perfectly? Sorry, I don't know if that is relevent or not. The install recognized my resolution automatically.

The 3D can look far far better. It's just lower resolution 3D with scaled interface for higher resolutions at the moment. The Devs said they are working on better high-res stuff.

You'd notice the difference if you saw a 1024x768 res screenshot immediately. I've seen a couple screenshots posted from obvious CRTs in that resolution and they are amazing.