PDA

View Full Version : ETA on NEW Patch?

Flick
03-26-07, 08:33 PM
Any idea as to when a new patch will be out?

Gildor
03-26-07, 09:04 PM
No one knows. Your guess is as good as the rest of us.

Hans Schultz
03-26-07, 10:00 PM
sooner than later i hope.

JetSnake
03-26-07, 11:03 PM
2 weeks be sure.

NefariousKoel
03-26-07, 11:15 PM
Definitely 2 weeks. :()1::/\\x:

Disclaimer: This poster doesn't know a d@mn thing. He thinks he's a comedian too.

PeriscopeDepth
03-26-07, 11:20 PM
<sits back, loads his shotgun, and waits for someone to make the old 3-4 weeks quip>

PD

fidget
03-26-07, 11:24 PM
They have quite a list to work through. I'm assuming that the 1.1 patch contained fixes for most of the bugs that were known when the game went gold. Perhaps a lot more have come to light now that it's in wide spread use that the devs have only found out about in the last week. I imagine it will take a week or two just to triage (and duplicate) the bugs that have been reported. There are quite a few. They've already comitted to adding FSAA to the 1.2 patch and I don't think that is trivial. On the other hand, there is pressure to get the big bugs fixed ASAP before they start affecting sales, so they may opt to fix just the biggies in this patch and leave the rest for a follow-on patch and have it out the door in a few weeks. So, depending on how they prioritize the bugs and how many they choose to fix it could be from between 3 weeks and 3 months. My guess is that they'll decide within the next week or 2 what will get fixed and make an announcement.

NefariousKoel
03-26-07, 11:33 PM
Guesstimate:

At least 2 more patches. Probably 3. If it ends up being 5 total, I'd be surprised.

The spacing between them will dictate how much gets fixed in each.

fullmetaledges
03-27-07, 12:09 AM
i just wish I had an actual list of what bugs they know about, that way I don't have to hope they fix certain things but as long as I know they know about it would be comforting.

vois2
03-27-07, 12:14 AM
UbiSoft Romania will give us 1.2 patch and it will be released on Thursday, April 10, 2008.

THE_MASK
03-27-07, 12:16 AM
i just wish I had an actual list of what bugs they know about, that way I don't have to hope they fix certain things but as long as I know they know about it would be comforting.

Well , wheres the list because if you know that they know that you know then how will i know that they know what you know , i think .

fidget
03-27-07, 12:20 AM
i just wish I had an actual list of what bugs they know about

Well, there seems to be a dev that posts here quite often, answering questions, etc. He's probably not the only one looking at this site. I would not be surprised that they would be looking here (and the UBISoft forums, of course) to get their list. If that's the case, then they should be seeing most of them. Surely they know about all the ones listed here. The question then is, where will they draw the line as far as what gets fixed in this patch (and conversely, when the patch hit the door).

DJSatane
03-27-07, 12:47 AM
Someone said 1.1 fixes bugs known at gold...hmm so noone knew that speed estimation in game using chronometer doesnt work in manual tdc? Hmm anyone actually played manual tdc in "beta" or at all then? Maybe they only used auto tdc in testing :(

OneTinSoldier
03-27-07, 12:59 AM
I think Patch 1.2 will be released when...

http://home.comcast.net/%7Elinuxrh/hell_frozen_over.jpg

J/K :lol:

Rilder
03-27-07, 01:41 AM
Soon™

StandingCow
03-27-07, 01:55 AM
hehe, yea I was gonna use the neal steven's "Soon" quote. :D

Mud
03-27-07, 02:16 AM
Soon™

Ah good ol' Eve :lol:

Mud

NefariousKoel
03-27-07, 02:34 AM
When it's ready™

Grell
03-27-07, 02:54 AM
I'm hoping it's sooner rather than later but I've got a bad feeling about this.

Regards,

Grell

Guido
03-27-07, 03:56 AM
If I was the big cheese at UBI, my first priority would be to get SH4 looking good, if it looks good they sell more games, people upgrade & spend more spondoolies, your mate sees on your super fast pc and then he wants it, spends more spondoolies etc etc.

I would be barking at the devs to make the AA work..........yesterday, and do something about the resolution yesterday too!

get thats sorted and out the way, then its time for game fixes.:88)

daft
03-27-07, 04:00 AM
My guess is that the devs new about most of the things we've complained about, at launch. The 1.1 patch was just a quick fix for the things they had nailed down. The majority of the stuff that's broken/bugged/missing was probably reported by the beta tester but never acted upon by the developers because of the imminent release date. So hopefully they're on track with the next patch.

1mPHUNit0
03-27-07, 04:11 AM
Mulzumesc, and i support dev team
because they are workers under pressure.
I don't support Ubisoft that sell a incomplete and full of bug
product ..totaly unplayabile
Sperem!
Mulzumesc again dev team
Keep up good work

Mud
03-27-07, 04:21 AM
Mulzumesc, and i support dev team
because they are workers under pressure.
I don't support Ubisoft.
Sperem!
Mulzumesc again dev team

You support Ubisoft if you want it or not , you bought the game so they drink coffee from your money :yep:

cream and sugar please.

Mud

joea
03-27-07, 04:31 AM
Well better not too soon...to get more of the bugs fixed. What was the release schedule for SH3 patches anyway??

1mPHUNit0
03-27-07, 05:20 AM
You support Ubisoft if you want it or not No dear
I say that SH4 is unplayyable still now
Not that is IGN 8.8 or ......and so on.

oiler
03-27-07, 05:34 AM
If u buyed this game so then u support ubi no matter if game is full of bugs or not or if u like it or not. Better way is buying games after release and after some patches, but sometimes is hard to wait sooo long like in this case :-) . I don't know why more developers don't selling their products directly. Maybe next silent hunter (but with new name of course) will come to us through this way. It can be cheaper for us and developers get's more money

1mPHUNit0
03-27-07, 05:46 AM
not or if u like it or not. No dear it' not the case
the game it's unplayable....it's non matter of like or dislike
This is a campaign against Ubisoft Market....not a supporting strategy
And they know this

ccruner13
03-27-07, 05:48 AM
heh yea except some how it wouldnt end up being cheaper for us.

and about the patch...hopefully this place doesnt turn into medieval total war about patches. at least this first patch had some noticeable effects tho. heh. ahh cant wait for patches

Mud
03-27-07, 06:02 AM
You support Ubisoft if you want it or not No dear
I say that SH4 is unplayyable still now
Not that is IGN 8.8 or ......and so on.

I don't have a clue what you try to say.

Mud

1mPHUNit0
03-27-07, 06:11 AM
cream and sugar please. Less sugar less cream and less coffe
It's more clear?
Or more patches done well
and no incomplete and unplayable games in the future

Mud
03-27-07, 06:43 AM
cream and sugar please. Less sugar less cream and less coffe
It's more clear?
Or more patches done well
and no incomplete and unplayable games in the future

Nope still not clear , that unplayable is a bit misty.

Mud

Samu*
03-27-07, 07:28 AM
At meantime... just enjoy your perfectly working & tweaked SH3 :up:

ryuzu
03-27-07, 07:56 AM
If I was the big cheese at UBI, my first priority would be to get SH4 looking good, if it looks good they sell more games, people upgrade & spend more spondoolies, your mate sees on your super fast pc and then he wants it, spends more spondoolies etc etc.

I would be barking at the devs to make the AA work..........yesterday, and do something about the resolution yesterday too!

get thats sorted and out the way, then its time for game fixes.:88)

Well I'm glad you're not the "big cheese" at Ubi (you're not are you?)

Graphics = wow...... 10 mins up, ok where's the next wow game at?

Graphics don't make games best sellers, or game of the year - gameplay does. No one ever said, "get this game man it's got great graphics, but the gameplay sucks." Plenty of people say "this game isn't great graphically, but it's so enjoyable you won't care about that".

Personally, I'd be happy for the devs to leave the graphics as they are (they are good enough already), and pay for a couple more programmers to get the simulation working properly.

Then you'd have a game that is talked about and purchased for years, rather than one that will be gone and forgotten in a month.

r.

1mPHUNit0
03-27-07, 07:59 AM
A bit yes
only a bit
Have you played some missions with sh4?
So you know the problems
And dev are working on ...i hope

BBury
03-27-07, 08:43 AM
I wonder if UBI shouldn't start printing additional text on thier game boxes. Maybe something like this: "Must install latest patch(s) to play", "Search internet for patches after installation or game will not run" Or, "This is an unfinished game, buy at your own risk".

Yes folks, we paid $50 for some paper and plastic. Eventually it may become the game advertised on the box.

Uber Gruber
03-27-07, 10:17 AM
Hi, I'm a troll!

Der Graf Von Rudklide
03-27-07, 10:23 AM
Every step forward in a great thing as SH4 defently is :up:

Games has to be financed - SH4 is worth every dime even with the bugs.:huh:

Most game have patches, nothing new there :know:

Be patient and sit silent and wait crew.

1mPHUNit0
03-27-07, 10:38 AM
It's not true
This is a clear and evident incomplete game (still unplayabile)
Not only problems with bugs

Liszt_
03-27-07, 11:07 AM
I wonder if UBI shouldn't start printing additional text on thier game boxes. Maybe something like this: "Must install latest patch(s) to play", "Search internet for patches after installation or game will not run" Or, "This is an unfinished game, buy at your own risk".

Yes folks, we paid $50 for some paper and plastic. Eventually it may become the game advertised on the box.

...and regardless I'm sure you're still enjoying your paper and plastic most of the time with the occasional crashes :)

SteamWake
03-27-07, 12:46 PM
It's not true

It will also eat your cats and dogs.

Unplayable ? I wouldent go that far.

uzihead
03-27-07, 01:27 PM
Lads, if the developer has the same name, Ubisoft (with a Romania after), it doesn't mean that is the same thing with the publisher, Ubisoft (TM). The relation between the two is exactly the same as from a publsiher to a normal developer.

So, if Ubisoft tells Ubisoft Romania "The game will be released on 22", then the game will be released on 22, no matter if it is ready or not. I know personally those guys from Ubi Romania, and they are really smart dedicated guys. I hate to see people flame them, when they are working like hell to actually make Silent Hunter 4 what it should have been at the launch date. Silent Hunter 4 is definitelly going to be better than SH3, but in time.

Flame those who deserve to be flamed, those who forced the product on the market.

Immacolata
03-27-07, 01:38 PM
It's not true

How is it unplayable? Ive completed my 4th patrol now without incident. Too much drama queening around here:shifty:

TDK1044
03-27-07, 01:39 PM
Lads, if the developer has the same name, Ubisoft (with a Romania after), it doesn't mean that is the same thing with the publisher, Ubisoft (TM). The relation between the two is exactly the same as from a publsiher to a normal developer.

So, if Ubisoft tells Ubisoft Romania "The game will be released on 22", then the game will be released on 22, no matter if it is ready or not. I know personally those guys from Ubi Romania, and they are really smart dedicated guys. I hate to see people flame them, when they are working like hell to actually make Silent Hunter 4 what it should have been at the launch date. Silent Hunter 4 is definitelly going to be better than SH3, but in time.

Flame those who deserve to be flamed, those who forced the product on the market.

I totally agree. "He who has the money calls the tune." Ubisoft calls the tune. Dan and the Romanian Dev team are awesome, dedicated people and we're very lucky to have those guys working on these sims.

1mPHUNit0
03-27-07, 01:43 PM
Dan and the Romanian Dev team are awesome, dedicated people and we're very lucky to have those guys working on these sims. I totally agree me too

boatfull
03-27-07, 01:49 PM
Be carefull what you wish for.Patches work both ways sometimes
they fix things and somtimes they break things.Remember the infamous patch 1.3 for SH3 where everbody lost their sonar for good until patch

Lt commander lare
03-27-07, 02:15 PM
i just got back to brisbane and i was around the coral sea just above darwin when i was attacked by a destroyer i went straight to the bottom and the control room was totally flooded, the crew repaired all the bulkheads and pumped all the water out i waited for all systems to be repaired and then emergency surfaced out of there i got back to brisbane and survived the patrol i thought all of you would like to hear that so sh4 inst all that bad just wait for the patch, if you like sh4 then be patient and the patch will be released and you can do better on your patrols good luck and good hunting

lt commander lare

SeeFalke
03-27-07, 02:22 PM
It's not true

I don't see how its unplayable. I have been playing it and while there are some annoyances that have been for the most part fixed by mods, I think it's one of the best so far in the franchise.

Snuffy
03-27-07, 02:35 PM
I've had it for less than a week now and while still a new skipper (never had SHIII or earlier) I'm learning.

The save game feature has allowed me to continue a career and try various tactics on ships I encounter.

With the small collections of problems I am finding, whether my ignorance in not knowing the game, or whether or not they are broken, I have no way of knowing, but at this time my first mission is still under way and have been at see for 4 days now.

joea
03-27-07, 02:48 PM
Dan and the Romanian Dev team are awesome, dedicated people and we're very lucky to have those guys working on these sims. I totally agree me too

The Devs rock!!!! :rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

OneTinSoldier
03-27-07, 03:29 PM
The Devs are probably great guys, and I'm sure they need a job to make a living. However, I would like to point out that if I worked for a company that were making me look bad and making the company itself look bad I might consider looking for a job elsewhere. I am sure there other jobs to work at beside Ubisoft Romania.

All I know is I'm not real certain how long I'd want to keep working for a comapany that was making me and itself look bad to it's customers.

They say time heals all wounds. It seemd to work to a large degree with SH3 once patches and modders had worked their magic on that version of the sim. I do hope the same thing happens for SH4. If the patches work out real good then perhaps customers will begin to feel as if Ubi is treating their customers like gold. But it seems there's is a pretty good number of people that don't feel that way right now. And of course, there are some that feel like they are already being treated like gold.

Although I'm not going to make a poll I just had something pop into my head from a game show that was popular here in the U.S. a while back called Family Feud....

Survey says!

If you worked for a company where you and your co-workers were doing a good job but the upper management were outwardly making you look pretty bad to the public eye how long would you continue to work for them? If the pay was excellent I suppose that would make it a lot easier to continue to work for such an upper mangement. How about if the pay is just the industry standard average? Would you leave?

GakunGak
03-27-07, 03:44 PM
If I had kids, wife, someone to take care, maybe not until I found a good job that would replace the current...
The Devs rulez!!!:arrgh!:

rascal101
03-28-07, 02:53 AM
This is why the dev team is advised to keep us updated re the next patch, this guy is bananas, he's so mad he wants to eat my moggy and my pooch!

This is just not cricket

Errr...... do we have a patch 2 eta

It's not true
It will also eat your cats and dogs.

Unplayable ? I wouldent go that far.

DJSatane
03-28-07, 03:27 AM
they fix things and somtimes they break things.Remember the infamous patch 1.3 for SH3 where everbody lost their sonar for good until patch

Yea lets not get patches, lets leave out this game in its poor state. Good one.

Viceman
03-28-07, 04:14 AM
I think i put my career on hold until 1.2 comes out, meanwhile just to train my targetting skills. Most annoying thing is those dying wathcmen and why my radar breaks so often? I have lots of confidence to dev team.

cunnutazzo
03-28-07, 05:21 AM

... and don't forget that Ubi stopped supporting SHIII with patches leaving the game incomplete and with other bugs. It should be avoided this time, so UBI first finish your game, then I'll buy it.

Flick
03-28-07, 06:08 PM
Thanks for the input all..:)

Onkel Neal
03-28-07, 06:23 PM
hehe, yea I was gonna use the neal steven's "Soon" quote. :D

:rotfl: Yes, and I hope it will knock out the major bugs and glitches, so I am hoping the devs take their time. (As much as the company will allow).

shawnyp420
03-28-07, 06:37 PM
Yup, I'm also putting my career on hold until the 1.2 patch. I say the game is 'unplayable' the way it is. Dying crew...Broken tdc...vague mission goals...Not much fun if you ask me.

PeriscopeDepth
03-28-07, 06:42 PM
The bugs aren't what really frustrates me. Knowing how GREAT this game will be when it's all patched up is torture!

PD

fredbass
03-28-07, 06:50 PM
Well I received my DVD a few days ago, but I haven't installed it yet.

I'm hoping that with the next patch, it will have removed most of the problems, so then when I start from scratch, I'll avoid those issues and be able to enjoy it at a higher level from the very beginning.

In the mean time, I'll continue to enjoy my SH3 career with GWX 1.03. :rock:

"Patience is a virtue my fellow captains" :yep: :know:

Flick
03-28-07, 06:57 PM
Yup, I'm also putting my career on hold until the 1.2 patch. I say the game is 'unplayable' the way it is. Dying crew...Broken tdc...vague mission goals...Not much fun if you ask me.

Not here I dont give up..... When the going gets tough the tough get going.:)

Hans Schultz
03-28-07, 07:13 PM

Not here I dont give up..... When the going gets tough the tough get going.:)
every time i start back up after "quitting" I end up sunk, CTD or I hit the "a" key :damn:

-Pv-
03-28-07, 07:29 PM
"... every time i start back up after "quitting" I end up sunk, CTD or I hit the "a" key..."

All those problems are avoidable as long as your computer is working properly.
I have only had one CTD in nearly 50 hours of play and that's when I discovered the A key. Not a problem now. I only used the A key in SH3 about 10 times in 2 years anyway. The Patch will come eventually. This one will be slower because they are fixing copy protection, not just the core code. It's my opinion though the CTDs should get priority and not wait for a comprehensive patch.
-Pv-

Duke_Wellington_1st
03-28-07, 08:11 PM
Every step forward in a great thing as SH4 defently is :up:

Games has to be financed - SH4 is worth every dime even with the bugs.:huh:

Most game have patches, nothing new there :know:

Be patient and sit silent and wait crew.

Most PC games have bugs and patches to address them ....
but most are not unfinished ! If the game is unplayable out of the box, then that is a stab in the back to the consumer.
I know of no other Industry in the world that can get away with that.

why on earth was this game rushed to release so much? it already had a large fan base. I just do not understand the reasoning for it. I really do feel sorry for the Devs, the game has so much potential. looks like commercial intrests got the better of fair and proper judegemnt

PeriscopeDepth
03-28-07, 08:13 PM
why on earth was this game rushed to release so much?
$$$. Cha-ching!

PD

StandingCow
03-28-07, 08:15 PM

Yep, my last patrol proved that to me, every single watch shift died for no reason.

Pit
03-28-07, 08:34 PM
Well I truly do not know what why it is "unplayable" for some....

I have only had 1 CTD in 38 hours of play...

Agreed there are a few things that still need to be worked out... and I have little doubt they will be... and if they are not, you can bet it is because UBI is pulling on the purse strings... and it is not the devs fault... and if UBI doesn't put their utmost backing and support in developing the ENORMOUS potential of SH IV... then it will be a cold day in hell before I buy another UBI backed product!!!!!!! But the minor irregularities I have encountered certainly do not make it unplayable... I have been enjoying myself very much with it despite the few irregularities!!! :up:

AVGWarhawk
03-28-07, 08:46 PM
Even with the bugs I still want to play and I do. Patch is forthcoming but hey, lets not rush it because it might come out with bugs:nope:

StandingCow
03-28-07, 08:49 PM
Well, it is still playable.. yes.. but not really for a good career game... I am gonna stick to quick missions for now and multiplayer.

NECyclone
03-28-07, 09:33 PM
now.... That is at least it's not CTD anymore and there's no more graphics flickering. Granted...that only about 6-7 total hours of playing time but one of those sessions was playing for 4 hours late last nite with no problems.
I notice I only get the transparent crew on deck in foggy or rainy weather... they're solid in all other weather so far. I haven't seen the fps monolith killer so far since reinstalling a couple days ago and updating my Nvidia card to the 93.71's and the audigy 2 ZS to the 2.09.0016 drivers. I felt my sound was causing troubles a couple days ago. Sound would cut in and out and then it seemed the graphics would start to flicker. After reinstalling and updating drivers I went to the dxdiag program and turned sound acceleration down to "basic". I also turned the 3d sound down 2 notches in the game.
Now I would like to get it figured out in Vista. Most of my problems in Vista are still 1st with sound cutouts and then eventually after of 15-20 min of play with graphics flickering and then CTD's. I've got to load the recently released vista audigy drivers so I hope they help.
Game has potential...wish I had a 30 in widescreen :)

E6600 on a Gigabyte P965-DS3
2 gig ram
NVidia 7900 GT KO
Audigy 2 ZS
19in Generic Screen 1280-1024 Res
Dual Boot Vista/XP

Duke_Wellington_1st
03-28-07, 09:35 PM

Agreed there are a few things that still need to be worked out... and I have little doubt they will be... and if they are not, you can bet it is because UBI is pulling on the purse strings... and it is not the devs fault... and if UBI doesn't put their utmost backing and support in developing the ENORMOUS potential of SH IV... then it will be a cold day in hell before I buy another UBI backed product!!!!!!! But the minor irregularities I have encountered certainly do not make it unplayable... I have been enjoying myself very much with it despite the few irregularities!!! :up:

I myself was working "around" the bugs, but now I cannot play my save games as they crash when i load them.. which has effectively halted any attempt to ween enjoyment from the product. SH4 does have enourmous potential..i could LOVE the game... but I didnt pay 80+ $ to buy somthing with "potential"

I wont even mention the fact that escorts ignore your sub (ruining the whole premise of submarine warfare...) , manual targeting, the rediculous amount of convoys...and the massive list compiled by this site so far.
This sort of release does nothing but damage consumer respect and faith - and damages the PC game industry as a whole...i think anyways.
I have no problem with the devs, this could have been a fantastic sim. They have been shat on from above.

at present its an unfinished , unrealistic sub arcade game. a new genre perhaps?

3dcrazy
03-28-07, 09:42 PM
what I notice when reading your guyses comments is you guys are quick to tell them to hurry up are you are inpatient but then when the patch comes out you guys complain about how they did not fix anything are complain about the bugs that are in the patch. just my thought

my opionion about the game is its great! and the grapchics are awsome! but then again this is my first submarin game so I doin't know what Sh3 are any other submarin game out there is compared to this.

Pit
03-28-07, 09:45 PM
I myself was working "around" the bugs, but now I cannot play my save games as they crash when i load them.. which has effectively halted any attempt to ween enjoyment from the product. SH4 does have enourmous potential..i could LOVE the game... but I didnt pay 80+ $ to buy somthing with "potential"

I wont even mention the fact that escorts ignore your sub (ruining the whole premise of submarine warfare...) , manual targeting, the rediculous amount of convoys...and the massive list compiled by this site so far.
This sort of release does nothing but damage consumer respect and faith - and damages the PC game industry as a whole...i think anyways.
I have no problem with the devs, this could have been a fantastic sim. They have been shat on from above.

at present its an unfinished , unrealistic sub arcade game. a new genre perhaps?

As I said... I personally have not had any major playing issues... and I DEFINATELY have not experienced destroyers ignoring me... though on several occasions I wish they would have :rotfl: .... I like the manual targeting and as it should, it has a fairly steep learning curve... now why you and I suppose others are having these types of issues and I presently do not, is beyond me!! :damn:

Meco
03-28-07, 10:11 PM
I don't know what all the fuss for a patch is about. My SHIV runs perfectly fine.

As advertized, as described, as intended, and as expected.

It must be your computer, or your drivers..

:rotfl:

In all honesty though. Im on my 5th mission, and having a great time, as patche's come out Ill load them and keep sinking anything above the surface. The shortfalls are minimal when compared to the enjoyment my personal experience with the product has provided.

As a long time gamer of various titles and genres, as well as being a beta tester for some of those titles perhaps I have developed a more laid back approach to minor glitches.

Nothing in this world is perfect. Not that new car you buy and is later recalled for a crucial repair, or a new microwave that autoshuts down after that first bag of popcorn, microsoft XP, vista, nvidia drivers, that new computer that has a hardrive crash after only one year, a building elevator you get stuck in, and certainly not humanity as a whole.

It is human nature in this modern pinacle of civilization to insist on " I want my stuff to be perfect now "... This in itself may be the worst glitch imposed upon ourselves.

However... the best part of this "game", is that it has come to fruition. Because in all the mealstrom of life's little shortfalls we can still marvel at the fact that "whatever we can dream, we can do" It may not be perfect the first time out. But with time we can make it better.

When I think back where video games started. " Pong ". All I can see is that, video gaming sure has come a long way. Even though pong never needed a patch to play.

:D

Duke_Wellington_1st
03-28-07, 10:19 PM

As I said... I personally have not had any major playing issues... and I DEFINATELY have not experienced destroyers ignoring me... though on several occasions I wish they would have :rotfl: .... I like the manual targeting and as it should, it has a fairly steep learning curve... now why you and I suppose others are having these types of issues and I presently do not, is beyond me!! :damn:

Im pretty sure its not just me. Ive been looking forward to this release since I found out about it. now its just sitting on my shelf. Trust me I REALLY want to play it.

regarding destroyers.... it is SO EASY to sneek into a convoy (one of the many MANY convoys) its not a challange at all. ive been just under periscope depth and had destroyers move over the top of me. nothing. thats in 1943. Christ, ive surfaced next to 3 destoryers to test it out, I had to shoot at them to get them to know i existed. once that happened my faith in wether the mechnics of this game are actually functioning , or wether im just imagining it all works and staying submerged becuase thats what a submarine SHOULD do....: (

save games not working - not challenging - im just rather annoyed ive payed my money and now have to wait on the title to actually be finished. its like ive bought shares in ubi soft and am awaiting my return.
poor. yeah im ranting but im tired of people defending the poor decisions of software houses - we are the consumers, not some attention hungry pack of fan-boys.

Pit
03-29-07, 01:50 AM
regarding destroyers.... it is SO EASY to sneek into a convoy (one of the many MANY convoys) its not a challange at all. ive been just under periscope depth and had destroyers move over the top of me. nothing. thats in 1943. Christ, ive surfaced next to 3 destoryers to test it out, I had to shoot at them to get them to know i existed. once that happened my faith in wether the mechnics of this game are actually functioning , or wether im just imagining it all works and staying submerged becuase thats what a submarine SHOULD do....: (

save games not working - not challenging - im just rather annoyed ive payed my money and now have to wait on the title to actually be finished. its like ive bought shares in ubi soft and am awaiting my return.
poor. yeah im ranting but im tired of people defending the poor decisions of software houses - we are the consumers, not some attention hungry pack of fan-boys.

You are much better than I am then... I can't get NEAR a convy without first usually having to avoid depth charges and going deep... :rotfl: Seriously though I have no idea why you are having these problems... because I definately am not!! So I would certainly have to say the blame does not lie in the sim or the developing of it... that said... you may have just recieved a disk that had bad code on it... who knows... :arrgh!: If you are that annoyed, return it as a bad product and get another one and see what happens or get your money back. It's not doing you any good sitting on the shelf. I dare ANYBODY to make a complete product without some glitches... I'm sorry... but that just doesn't happen.... you can go buy a new car from the most reputable dealer in the world and STILL get a lemon... and vehicles have been getting made a LOT longer than computer programs. So you return it... get your money back or get another vehicle... no difference here...
The product I bought was good... yours may not have been... are there a few irregularities??? YES... and I am sure they will be taken care of... All I can say is that if you are that displeased with it... get your money back. For me it is functioning fine, and I am happy with it.

Guido
03-29-07, 02:15 AM
Well, I wont be starting my sh4 career until the AA works, I have played on some of the single missions though.

But I dont want to start something that might not work when the next patch comes out, I am chomping at the bit to see it working properly from a graphics perspective. All this horsepower and no AA :damn:

still I am sure it will be sorted soooooon.

ps dont forget the sound to UBI!:damn:

DJSatane
03-29-07, 02:20 AM
I like the manual targeting and as it should, it has a fairly steep learning curve... now why you and I suppose others are having these types of issues and I presently do not, is beyond me!!

Maybe because to you steep learning curve means unfinished program. In that case there are no issues there.

Duke_Wellington_1st
03-29-07, 03:09 AM

You are much better than I am then... I can't get NEAR a convy without first usually having to avoid depth charges and going deep... :rotfl: Seriously though I have no idea why you are having these problems... because I definately am not!! So I would certainly have to say the blame does not lie in the sim or the developing of it... that said... you may have just recieved a disk that had bad code on it... who knows... :arrgh!: If you are that annoyed, return it as a bad product and get another one and see what happens or get your money back. It's not doing you any good sitting on the shelf. I dare ANYBODY to make a complete product without some glitches... I'm sorry... but that just doesn't happen.... you can go buy a new car from the most reputable dealer in the world and STILL get a lemon... and vehicles have been getting made a LOT longer than computer programs. So you return it... get your money back or get another vehicle... no difference here...
The product I bought was good... yours may not have been... are there a few irregularities??? YES... and I am sure they will be taken care of... All I can say is that if you are that displeased with it... get your money back. For me it is functioning fine, and I am happy with it.

I wont get drawn into an argument... there are alot of people with alot of issues with this game. The save game crashing thing has really sunk it for me.
Im playing on normal difficulty... I would have thought that would have made the destroyers act "normally" , ie , being able to detect submarines narby or at least UNDER them. The game is so close to being amazing - i just wish it could have been finished.its an alarming trend in the pc market. anyone out there not hell bent on defending a defective product im interested to hear from? defective cd - spare me!

i wont post any further and just wait. Thankyou for being the ubisoft champion.

McBeck
03-29-07, 06:06 AM
I wont get drawn into an argument... there are alot of people with alot of issues with this game.
And yet, you continue the argumentation...

That being said, alot of people are having problems and alot does not.
Thats pretty much the case these days.

Both the people that are having problems and those that does not, need to acknowledge that.

Just stating that "Well, im not having problems" is not a valid argumentation for this being a bugfree piece of software - its just a statement that applies to YOU!
Just stating that "Well, im having problems" is not a valid argumentation for this being a unplayable piece of software - its just a statement that applies to YOU!

Pit
03-30-07, 01:34 AM
I wont get drawn into an argument...

...- i just wish it could have been finished.its an alarming trend in the pc market. anyone out there not hell bent on defending a defective product im interested to hear from? defective cd - spare me!

i wont post any further and just wait. Thankyou for being the ubisoft champion.

Duke... You ARE arguing... not simply pointing out fact... this does not help in solving the problem!!!

:hmm: Well obviously you have no idea who I am... some of the "older heads" can enlighten you... if you did, you would know I neither argue or start an argument!!! :o I simply state fact... and don't take this the wrong way Duke because I am NOT.... repeat NOT putting you into the next catagory... just giving a little background info...

I also do not and will not abide folks that publically flame or bash others, or whiners... I have had a career quite FULL of these!!! And I just simply do not tolerate them very well!!! :arrgh!: I also will NOT tolerate a public attack accusations, or insults on ME... on this note... as for being a champion for ubisoft... I have NO idea what left field that came out of!!!!:mad: And defective cd's HAVE been know to occure... you are not spared!! :p

I DO enjoy a good debate, conversation, and problem solving!!! :sunny:

Thanks for playing!!! :gulp:

McBeck
03-30-07, 02:28 AM
Hi Pit

I know you....you know.

I suggest we stop here, if you feel compelled to argue further please read my previous post... :ping:

Pit
03-30-07, 02:33 AM
Hi Pit

I know you....you know.

I suggest we stop here, if you feel compelled to argue further please read my previous post... :ping:

I know you know... and YOU know that I know that you know that I know that you know that....... :damn:

I give up~~~ :doh: :rotfl:

McBeck
03-30-07, 03:12 AM
Hi Pit

I know you....you know.

I know you know... and YOU know that I know that you know that I know that you know that....... :damn:

I give up~~~ :doh: :rotfl:

Werent it you (excuse my memory) that put a "WPL-greeting" on a bomb a while ago - back in the ol'days??

Pit
03-30-07, 03:17 AM

Werent it you (excuse my memory) that put a "WPL-greeting" on a bomb a while ago - back in the ol'days??

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
You remember that huh??!!!! That has DEFINATELY been awhile!!! And delivered it right on target!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: Yes... it twas I!!! :rock: :fff:
Wish I still had that photo!!! :arrgh!:

McBeck
03-30-07, 03:41 AM

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
You remember that huh??!!!! That has DEFINATELY been awhile!!! And delivered it right on target!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: Yes... it twas I!!! :rock: :fff:
Wish I still had that photo!!! :arrgh!:
Hehehe!!
You dont have that photo?!?!?! MAAAAN...I was just gonna ask you for it!!! :damn::damn::damn:

DragonRR1
03-30-07, 05:18 AM

I think it is potentially unplayable for some if they have all the problems combined! It isn't unplayable for me but the resolution issue spoils my enjoyment so I'm "saving" the game for the next patch. I have had several CTDs but all in one mission after I had run out of torps and was finishing off the last two merchants with the deck gun. Everytime I switched to an external view for more than a few secs I got a CTD. I completed the mission by not using an external view!

I completely agree that SH4 has enormous potential, I think some of the complaints people make are caused by the frustration of seeing the currently unrealised potential!

Even if SH4 wasn't (as it appears to be) no.1 in the US PC charts I would 100% agree that if UBI don't back the patches I too will not purchase a game published by UBI again.

John Channing
03-30-07, 06:53 AM

hy·per·bo·le [hahy-pur-buh-lee]
–noun Rhetoric.
1.obvious and intentional exaggeration.
2.an extravagant statement or figure of speech not intended to be taken literally, as “to wait an eternity.”

[Origin: 1520–30; < Gk hyperbolhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/luna/660000/i/emacracute.png excess, exaggeration, throwing beyond, equiv. to hyper- hyper- (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=hyper-) + bolhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/luna/660000/i/emacracute.png throwhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.png]

—Synonyms 2. overstatement.

Not sure if the second definition fits.

JCC

ccruner13
03-30-07, 07:44 AM
i dont think ive ctd in almost as long. game is still pretty messed up tho

of course i mention this and then proceed to ctd the next time i play

GakunGak
03-30-07, 08:54 AM
While we wait fo a "soon"-to-be patch for bugs, how much we will have to wait for GWX???!!!:hmm:

macky
03-30-07, 09:08 AM
well I am still playing, tho in short bursts. I bought a new card just for this game (nvidea 7600 GS) and whilst it was a huge improvement to the radeon 9600, I still get fustrated when I get locked into the 1fps - 50 fps cycle:damn: for no apparent reason (not seeing that monolith, but suppose it could be there!)

I am still learning the systems which makes me forgive the errors, but still say they should provide some feedback on whats being fixed and when we are likely to see it. Every large organisations have deadlines, they must know when they intend to publish it, wouldnt hurt to tell the community.

cappy70
03-30-07, 09:15 AM
Well,,I've had a couple of CTD, not hardware related, and so far, besides the CTD, the game runs oki doki, (although the game has its hic-ups/bugs,) BUT 2 CTD are 2 to many:know: .
These are my 2 first CTD in at least over 1 year time and a looooot of games go "through" this computer.

StandingCow
03-30-07, 09:50 AM
well I am still playing, tho in short bursts. I bought a new card just for this game (nvidea 7600 GS) and whilst it was a huge improvement to the radeon 9600, I still get fustrated when I get locked into the 1fps - 50 fps cycle:damn: for no apparent reason (not seeing that monolith, but suppose it could be there!)

I am still learning the systems which makes me forgive the errors, but still say they should provide some feedback on whats being fixed and when we are likely to see it. Every large organisations have deadlines, they must know when they intend to publish it, wouldnt hurt to tell the community.

Don't worry, happens to me now and then as well.. and I never see it.

SteamWake
03-30-07, 09:53 AM
So... uh....

"Soon" ?

McBeck
03-30-07, 11:41 AM
So... uh....

"Soon" ?
Yup, Thats a Neal trademark :D

Pit
03-30-07, 11:41 AM
Hehehe!!
You dont have that photo?!?!?! MAAAAN...I was just gonna ask you for it!!! :damn::damn::damn:

No... in fact I am not sure I made it out of Afghanistan with it... after I broke my leg and was sent to the hospital... since I was going to be there a fairly lenghty period of time... they pack your personal stuff up and send to you.... I think it got "liberated" when my stuff was packed... along with some movies I bought and a player... :damn: :damn: I don't remember seeing it when I got back to the states!!!

Sharky may have it in her archives somewhere though... she doesn't delete ANYTHING!!!! :rotfl:

Deep-Six
03-30-07, 01:00 PM
Of the time I have been play not a single CTD or anything. (must have done something right).:smug:

TDC on auto worked just fine for me. sank that cruiser in the academy w/ ALL 4 torps.:D (again must have done something right).

Anywhoo, like w/ everyone else, will await the patch.:)

GakunGak
03-30-07, 02:56 PM
Of the time I have been play not a single CTD or anything. (must have done something right).:smug:

TDC on auto worked just fine for me. sank that cruiser in the academy w/ ALL 4 torps.:D (again must have done something right).

Anywhoo, like w/ everyone else, will await the patch.:)
Or maybe you got it before we did...:smug:

Flick
03-30-07, 03:35 PM
I remember when sh2 came out and there after DC it was a tough battle getting things squared away... but it was and then the sailing went smooth.

I'm sure that the same will be with sh4 but we have to have patience.

My question was ETA on the new patch and it appears that no one knows for sure, thats cool.

I'll hang in there on SH4 cause I enjoy submarine sims. :)

"Hug More Cry Less and Keep Smiling"

Bille
03-30-07, 05:05 PM
The bugs aren't what really frustrates me. Knowing how GREAT this game will be when it's all patched up is torture!

PD

I couldn't have said it better!!

GakunGak
03-30-07, 05:09 PM
Welcome onboard, Billie.

Yeah, PD has some good quotes...:up:

Flick
03-30-07, 09:28 PM

PD

I couldn't have said it better!!

Ah come on simmer you know there is a light at the end of the tunnel....:)

It just takes a while.... it will happen and it wont be torture.... and there wont be any whippings for the non belivers..;)

corvette k225
03-30-07, 09:33 PM
I just hope the radar's get fix!:up:

Flick
03-30-07, 09:59 PM
I just hope the radar's get fix!:up:

It will and so will the ladies when you dock..... :D