PDA

View Full Version : unfortunatly i think im going to have to shelve my copy for awhile

fullmetaledges
03-26-07, 08:27 PM
I'm sick of having to play a perfect game, and by perfect I mean take no damage, if you take any damage and it gets repaired or not if you surface and submerge again everything just dies and so do you. I have tried and tried and tried but after getting crushed to death at 60ft today, i think it's the last straw until this is fixed. this freakin sucks but i can't deal with it anymore. Hurry up with the pathes for the gamekillers, the rest of the stuff take your time with.

nvdrifter
03-26-07, 09:13 PM
I'm sick of having to play a perfect game, and by perfect I mean take no damage, if you take any damage and it gets repaired or not if you surface and submerge again everything just dies and so do you. I have tried and tried and tried but after getting crushed to death at 60ft today, i think it's the last straw until this is fixed. this freakin sucks but i can't deal with it anymore. Hurry up with the pathes for the gamekillers, the rest of the stuff take your time with.

I agree. A lot of people here are whining about the graphics... but what about patching the major gameplay killers? Screw fixing the graphics right now. Fix the gameplay parts first.

fullmetaledges
03-26-07, 09:26 PM
seriously I'm all for sh4 and I'm not bitching about ubisoft or anything but if your sub can't take any damage becayse the next time you submerge you will sink, I mean whats the point

nvdrifter
03-26-07, 09:31 PM
seriously I'm all for sh4 and I'm not bitching about ubisoft or anything but if your sub can't take any damage becayse the next time you submerge you will sink, I mean whats the point

I think the problem might be the sub hull hitpoints numbers are just too low to begin with. Once the hull integrity is damaged, the crush depth is greatly decreased. That is possibly why you are getting killed after repairs. You are going past the decreased crush depth and are killed.

fullmetaledges
03-26-07, 09:38 PM
periscope depth haha, divers can go that deep, i wonder if i can find the file to mess with so i can at least keep playing instead of getting frustrated

nvdrifter
03-26-07, 09:51 PM
periscope depth haha, divers can go that deep, i wonder if i can find the file to mess with so i can at least keep playing instead of getting frustrated
I never said 60 foot crush depths were realistic. :lol:

Gildor
03-26-07, 09:55 PM
Subs in real life did not like having their pressure hull punctured. Even if you tried to fix it with shoring, temporary welds ,etc. there is no way you could expect to be back to brand-spankin-just-out-of-drydock new.

You get hit, you are going to suffer. The secret is not to get hit and if you do, adjust patrol acordingly. You may have to run to port on the surface and hope you can fix it enough to go to periscope depth to avoid planes.

That said, the damage may need to be twiddled with. :hmm: