PDA

View Full Version : 'A' use and depth gauge CTD..caused by msvcr71.dll

602Sqn_Puff
03-26-07, 10:22 AM
The game is totally unplayable for me at the moment, SH4 crashes when I use the 'A' button or when I use the mouse over the depth gauge to set a depth.....so I can't get underwater any deeper than periscope depth. The cause of this is the msvcr71.dll and SH4's use of it...does anyone have this problem or an older version of this dll, {this is version 7.10.3052.4 } to try out with SH4....otherwise I will just have to shelf it till the patch fixes these serious bugs in gameplay!

RedHammer
03-26-07, 10:29 AM
yep theres heaps of us atleast having the A problem. I have not experienced the depth gauge one yet tho. We had ctd at stadimeter as well but they fixed that one. so now i guess theyl fix A, Depthgauge, and annoying bug for chronometer.

S!

RH

Ragtag
03-26-07, 11:22 AM
reinstall the game and patch before playing. Patch is probably not installing correct if any files is altered. I had the same problem. The A key will still CTD but depth gauge will work correctly.

602Sqn_Puff
03-26-07, 12:18 PM
yipee..thanks it worked :)

Cpt-Blaubär
03-26-07, 05:42 PM
i reinstalled and patched before i went ingame, clicking depth gauge still gets me a crash, did reinstalling really fix ur problem?

u run any mods?